StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Just bought the 2012 DL650 on 4/4/12. Changing rides from a 2006 Sportster 1200R - great bike, but was ready for a change.

Had many bikes in the past, including: RD350, DT175, YZ400, SR500, CB750F, XL1200R.

I'm looking forward to the versatility and features of the DL and can see myself sticking with this one for quite some time. Can't wait to get out on some long rides this spring.

EVstrom

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Welcome! You will love the bike:thumbup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome! You will love the bike:thumbup:
Took a half day off to put some miles on the bike. Thought I'd ride for 30 or 40 miles and then head home to do some chores. Ended up putting 90 miles on the bike without giving it a second thought - could have gone all day. This thing is a real pleasure and instills confidence very quickly, whether you are tooling down the highway or zipping through some twisties. I now understand why this motorcycle has such a loyal following and I'm very pleased with my decision to buy the 2012 - not really missing the Sportster at all.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now have just over 300 miles on the odometer. This motorcycle continues to impress me.

Must admit I haven't completely abided by the break in rule of staying below 5k rpms. Still being fairly well behaved, though.

Have yet to see another 2012 on the road in my area...any other Gstromers near Auburn, CA?

EV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts