StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am V-strom less in San Diego. I am looking around the forums and digesting all the Strom info that I come across (Thanks for the free info). I pretty new to motorcycles and currently ride a Honda Hawk GT, but am looking to trade or buy something that is more of a touring bike. I need to find out if the Strom is for me.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Welcome from North County

Welcome from Encinitas. I got a great deal on a leftover 2007 Vee just over a year ago. No regrets - it's a great all around bike - very easy to live with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Strom-less

It depends on what you mean by a "touring bike." The Hawk GT is too "sport" oriented (too much forward lean, not enough leg room) for my 5' 9", 170#, 57 year old body. Something like a Gold Wing is GREAT for riding the Interstates cross-country, but awfully heavy for the above mentioned body around town or in the garage. The DL650 is a good bike if you want a bike that you can ride 500 mile days (even two-up), have fun on twisty roads (even on less than perfect roads), stay realtively light, get OK weather protection (definately not as good as a Wing), have good reliability, and have lots of options for modifying the bike to fit YOUR definition of a "touring bike." Take some time to read through this forum and you will see that lots of people have put lots of miles on Vees and/or Wees and on other bikes. Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts