StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is Matthieu. I'm a french speaking canadian so forgive me if I make some mistakes. I just bought a new 2011 Wee 650 ABS, an orange one. I was riding a 2009 KLR 650 previously and liked the bike a lot, but had a deal on this bike thta I couldn't refuse. I paid only 6795 $ CAD + taxes, and they gave me 3500$ for my KLR so it cost me only 3295 + taxes (3750 tax in) to upgrade to a wee. I have only 200 Km in it so far, but wow, what an improvement on road! Engine have a lot more power an torque than my KLR, ride is so smooth, no vibration at all. Seat is ok but after an hour or two I have to take a break. I did not try it off road , there is an evident lack of engine protection in the stock form, i'm planing to add a sw motech skid plate and crashbar combo soon. I'm plan to use it only on well maintain gravel road an fireroad. I'm very happy to have found this site, similar to klr net for the klr. An it's really fun to have a new bike an not have to worry about doohickey, oil consumption problem, weak subframe bolt, etc... (klr owner will reconize them!!)
Bye
Matthieu

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome aboard! Hope you continue to enjoy your wee, feel free to post pics!!

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike Matthieu....I think the orange bike looks great...I also bought a new black wee strom ...in the States we only have two colors to chose from this year. Black or white.
Enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome aboard Matt. I'm new as of this past Feb. as well. I kept my KLR and enjoy riding it in the area around my camp (Bruce Mines Ontario) but absolutely love my Vstrom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts