StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Been riding for 20 years(I'm 27 :thumbup:) on everything from dirt to sport bikes. Currently have a few not-street-legal dirtbikes and my 2002 R1. I've owned the R1 since 2004, and have done 500 mile days (ouch) and many track days. I love riding the track, but I find that I can't really justify the expense anymore. While I like riding the R1 around town, it's terrible for long trips, and it's just not as much fun as it once was (I guess we all have to grow up eventually).

In summary, I'm looking for a bike that solves these issues. I want something reliable and useful. I want to be able to ride all day, solo or 2 up. I am always dreaming about taking a long several week ride, or even my next weekend ride. I think the Wee could be what I'm looking for.

Anyone come off a large sport bike and miss the power? I find that a really enjoy riding smaller bikes fast as opposed to riding a fast bike slowly. Anyhow, I'm headed down to the dealer now to see if I even fit on the bike (5'9" 30"inseam with boots). I'll let y'all know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, they didn't have any more 2012's on the floor. They did, however, have a black 2011 ABS for $6499 +TTL... And that's just the asking price (negotiable?). That, and the $199 luggage... Very tempting.

Is the new one $2000 better?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Well, they didn't have any more 2012's on the floor. They did, however, have a black 2011 ABS for $6499 +TTL... And that's just the asking price (negotiable?). That, and the $199 luggage... Very tempting.

Is the new one $2000 better?
Haven't ridden the new one.

But I can say the Wee with ABS is an awesome all round bike.

You would not go wrong with the 2011 and $2000 worth of fuel can take you a long way on the roads and trails.

Or you can add a lot of goodies for the $2000

My 09 ABS Wee has 56,000km on it, absolutely trouble free and these bikes are known to go 200,000 miles + [so you can plan to have the bike around for a loooong time to come].

I'd buy the 2011 in a heartbeat without even trying/looking at the 2012, and put the extra $2k in the fuel tank and on farkles :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts