StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to posting to this forum. I found a 2009, 650-ABS with 10,000 miles on it for $5,900. I have.not seen the bike in person but this price was the lowest this dealer was willing to take. Is this a good price or should I keep looking? Thaks for the advice.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I can't really comment on the prices because you're across the country. However the price of the bike is one thing, the price of all the aftermarket accessories is what you may want to consider. That's why I bought one a couple years old with tons of farkles. The farkles come nearly free. So check out what the one you're looking at has for accessories and consider what you want it to have to find the real price.

When I was looking, I actually made a spread sheet with rough prices for each accessory then "booked out" each bike by subtracting the accessories from the asking price to see what the bottom line was for the bike. That really helped me decide between different bikes.

Be sure to use searchtempest to search craigslist in your area. There was an amazing 07 on Ebay last week that had easily over $2,800 worth of accessories. I spoke to the seller after it didn't meet reserve and he had just sold it. I beilive it went for under $5,000.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
For another $1100 or so dollars, you can get a 2011 left over, with 0% financing. Leftovers are starting to become rare, so before warmer weather appears, I'd let my fingers do the walking, if it would work for you.
Penn. dealers are usually easier to work with, than NJ dealers, if you can travel a hour or two. Good Luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree, here in Arizona a new 2011 ABS can be had for $7099 with the option to put bags on it for another $199....I couldn't see buying a 5 or 6 year old bike with no warranty for a thousand less, regardless of what is bolted on the bike. Part of owning a bike is making it yours, setting it up exactly the way you want it, and it doesn't have to be done in the first week you own it, it's an ongoing project. Plus the 0% interest is a no brainer. I bought a new 2009 DR 18 months ago with the same deal....the 0% financing required 20% down then....and have not looked back. I am going to pull the trigger on a black stealthy looking DL today and the new financing is 0% with nothing down....life is good in the desert....

Of course the downside of all these great deals is if you take a walk around your Suzuki dealers showroom he is most likely loaded up with non-currrent bikes....if the economy doesn't turn around soon there will be fewer and fewer dealers to support the bike you just got such a good deal on.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
The price if fair for a fairly young bike (two years old bike with 10,000 miles), but for that money I would want to see and talk to the owner. All the dealer is at this point is a middleman who jacked up the price and put a wall between you and the previous owner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently sold my 2007 DL650, with 5,100 adult miles, mint condition, Givi crash bars, Givi rear mount for $3550.
Tried to list it here but was bumped off for "post padding".
Listed it on Advrider and it sold in 24 hours, it went to a good home.

·
Registered
60 Posts
$7099 for a j2011 ????????????????????????

$9999.00 is what they are going for on line I'm in South Carolina. I'll take a new one for 7k PLEASE show me where!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid $5500 "out the door" for a 2008 with 3900 miles from the best dealer in my state. Mint condition and 4K service done.
It's all relative. Sure, you could keep looking, but life is too short.
Buy it. Ride it and don't look back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all of the advice I appreciate it. I feel like buying a showroom new 2011 was a better option as well. This particular dealer would not budge from their asking price and the bike does not have any farkles installed. New bike here I come. I will let you all know what happens! Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Give montgomeryville cycle center a call, they have a black 2011 i'm sure you can get a deal on. I don't have any dealings with them other than I got mine there last month. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts