StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum after purchasing a 2011 left over Wee strom. I had looked at a 2012 and didn't care for the aesthetics and don't like buying first year models, so I found the best deal I could, from a dealer that had a left over.
I got a white model for $7100, plus the $200 saddle bag incentive. The 0% financing was nice, even thought I was planning on paying cash. I think I remember the dealer with the 2012, was looking at $8000 or $8100, and no saddle bag deal.
The Wee has impressed me all around in the 100 miles, I've put on it.
I'm planning on a big trip out west this year, probably over 7000 miles, but don't know for sure, if the Wee will be my stead, or my Concours. I'll know for sure, by the time I'm ready to head west.
I'm looking forward to learning all I can, from the forums members here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Welcome to the group, as much as I love my Vee, it would get little touring if I had a Concours in the garage..... unless there was some back country riding to be done....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi and congratulations on your '11 white Wee. I just recently bought an '11 left over in black.....also from a dealer in Jersey....for about that exact price. I'm picking it up on Wednesday. Did you also buy it from Pompton Sports Center?

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the group, as much as I love my Vee, it would get little touring if I had a Concours in the garage..... unless there was some back country riding to be done....
That was what I ran into, last Sept., I couldn't do any of the dirt roads, while I was in Colorado & Utah. I did do about ten miles on a dirt road near Crested Butte, but the washboard shook the crap out of me.
Thanks for the welcome bro'
Hi and congratulations on your '11 white Wee. I just recently bought an '11 left over in black.....also from a dealer in Jersey....for about that exact price. I'm picking it up on Wednesday. Did you also buy it from Pompton Sports Center?
No, I got mine from Middletown Cycles in Monmouth County. I was looking for a black Wee, but now that I got the white and have seen the pearl in it, out in the sunlight, I'm still a happy camper.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome Supatramp, I hope you get some riding weather soon.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Supatramp, I hope you get some riding weather soon.
Thanks, Paul
I've put over 100 miles on in the last week, which isn't bad for our winter season. NJ has had a mild winter this season, and I ride year round regardless.
I broke down & bought a heated liner and have hooked it up to the Wee. It's like being back in the womb. I might get the gloves also, if our "real" winter shows it's face.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just purchased one myself. Yes, I love the white.

No hills here in Myrtle Beach, so we have to climb the parking decks for that background scenery.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well as long as were on the 2011 subject here's mine. Delivered Jan. 24th now with 551 miles thanks to a few of nice days. Was gonna get the black until I saw the white, man is that nice
I just got mine on the 5th, waiting for the saddlebags. How long did it take for yours to get delivered?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well since its about 2011 Wee's i got mine Saturday 4th Feb and am wrapped with it. Its my first bike for 30 years and many people recommended i get a wee. I have done 617kms so far,with a ride through the Barossa Valley in the Adelaide Hills this morning adding 150kms.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Supatramp; Didn't have to wait at all for the bags, said he had to get the bags and had them the next day. Paid in full Thursday, Friday bags on, was gonna deliver Saturday but it snowed, came Tuesday. Then came the nice weather tease.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Supatramp; Didn't have to wait at all for the bags, said he had to get the bags and had them the next day. Paid in full Thursday, Friday bags on, was gonna deliver Saturday but it snowed, came Tuesday. Then came the nice weather tease.
Thanks LZ, I haven't heard from my dealer yet, I'll give them a call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Supatramp,

Was 7100 your OTD price or before tax title and dealer fees? I just made a $500 deposit for a 2011 Wee strom here in NJ also. Paid $8200.. this is my first bike ever and first purchasing experience. Is this reasonable / similar to what you ended up with OTD??

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just joined the forum after purchasing a 2011 left over Wee strom. I had looked at a 2012 and didn't care for the aesthetics and don't like buying first year models, so I found the best deal I could, from a dealer that had a left over.
Did the exact same thing a few months back. Same color and everything. I am really enjoying this bike so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts