Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer still has these new tan 2014 leftovers and this is the starting price as of yesterday. The have been very negotiable on the priors years models and I am pretty sure they would drop significantly on these.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think that depends on your definition of significant? Setup fees and tax? Don't get me wrong, I think that's a phenomenal price but I just don't see them going any lower than maybe a hundred bucks.

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Damn I got raped on my 2015 650XT, the prices I am seeing on may of the Vee2 is just blowing my mind.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, those old 2014s are getting to where they're just about wholesaling them to get them out of their inventory.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
My dealer still has these new tan 2014 leftovers and this is the starting price as of yesterday. The have been very negotiable on the priors years models and I am pretty sure they would drop significantly on these.

How much do they charge for setup, freight etc. before registration and sales tax? That is the key number to know. There are 2014 models on cycletrader in FL and CA for 7k and up! But some charge over 1k for these "fees".

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yeah, those old 2014s are getting to where they're just about wholesaling them to get them out of their inventory.
Yes and I fear that it could mean the end for the vstrom 1000 again... which will not be good for those of us that own them. I doubt we will see a 2017 model

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,230 Posts
I saw one locally for $7400 after rebates. I've really been on the fence about it but am still leaning towards a used Glee. The FARKLES will still bring it to nearly a $10,000 bike and that's hard to swallow the $3000 difference. Like I said before... that $3000 will get me some 60,000 miles in gas money to ride around the country.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Damn I got raped on my 2015 650XT, the prices I am seeing on may of the Vee2 is just blowing my mind.

Don't worry bro, so did I but I also bought mine right when they came out so I ended up paying full MSRP plus the TTL fees. Got raped on my 2015 1000 too. Payed MSRP for that too. Good thing the 650 was 2.99% APR and the 1000 was 0%.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
How much do they charge for setup, freight etc. before registration and sales tax? That is the key number to know. There are 2014 models on cycletrader in FL and CA for 7k and up! But some charge over 1k for these "fees".
I bought mine in November from a FL dealer that advertised $6999. Before sales tax and tag, it came to $8141.

Tipsy

·
Premium Member
258 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think Tipsy would be the new leader.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yes and I fear that it could mean the end for the vstrom 1000 again... which will not be good for those of us that own them. I doubt we will see a 2017 model
I doubt that. My dealer (and very good friend of mine) has told me that Suzuki is doing last touches on new engine for 2017 model. 25HP more, new crankshaft, new variable valves and some more. Let's see if it's true.
I own '14 model, produced in March 2014. Let me tell you, that bike needed so many things done, as it would be normal on any bike or car first year of production, that I don't think it's strange dealers are letting them go ('14 model) much cheaper. If Vee2 was destined to disappear L6 model would be the same price as L4 or L5.
L6 model comes with new ECU, new wiring and connectors at the front of the radiator, new exhaust, wires better protected under the tank, etc.
Just the ECU thing on L4 turned away many buyers.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I doubt that. My dealer (and very good friend of mine) has told me that Suzuki is doing last touches on new engine for 2017 model. 25HP more, new crankshaft, new variable valves and some more. Let's see if it's true....

...L6 model comes with new ECU, new wiring and connectors at the front of the radiator, new exhaust, wires better protected under the tank, etc.
Just the ECU thing on L4 turned away many buyers.
Oh great, so I was just about ready to go out and scoop up one of the last 2014's. Guess I'll have to wait for a 2017 now! :wink2:

Are there really improvements on the 2016 model from the 2014? I've been reading just about everything I can find about the V2 and have only read in passing about the wiring. What's the "ECU thing" you are referring to? Just about every review I have read, as well as forum feedback seems to indicate the fueling on the V2's is pretty good, especially compared to the V1's. And these 2017 improvements seem like rumor-mongering. Any substance to them from a verifiable source? Yeah I know, I read it on the internet so it must be true...

·
Registered
996 Posts
... What's the "ECU thing" you are referring to? Just about every review I have read, as well as forum feedback seems to indicate the fueling on the V2's is pretty good, especially compared to the V1's. And these 2017 improvements seem like rumor-mongering. Any substance to them from a verifiable source? Yeah I know, I read it on the internet so it must be true...
Read through this thread carefuly:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-2014/271321-down-shift-stall.html

As for 2017 model rumors, as I said in my post, it comes from my dealer (legit Suzuki dealer) and not from internet.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,069 Posts
As for 2017 model rumors, as I said in my post, it comes from my dealer (legit Suzuki dealer) and not from internet.
I would be very surprised to see Suzuki leak information about a new model over a year away. In my personal experience, dealers are the LAST to know anything that approaches new model scoop.

It would be unlikely to put that much money into an engine that was designed over 20 years ago. More likely to do a complete new design. I could only hope that is true. Shaft drive, 130 hp+, even better efficiency and operation and so on. But I have NO idea what, if anything, is going on with V Strom models of the future. But I am hoping you are right and I am wrong!

·
Registered
947 Posts
When did the miracle happen? We started believing dealers.:wink2: Yes I know, he is a friend as well.:serious:

Coops.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts