StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming soon - 2500 Lumen (real life usable output) 25 watt (real life power draw) per light that use four real USA made 10 watt CREE LED elements. With optional removable yellow lens for grater day time visibility.

I'm just going to be blunt here. These lights are sold elsewhere for $280 a pair. The actual manufacturer provides them to multiple companies, many you have heard of, and several companies sell them at a huge profit advertising them as being 4,000 Lumen at 40 watt. That is a theoretical output not actually achieved in the real world. The real world specs are 2500 Lumen and 25 watt.

We will also have an improved super easy to install wiring harness with a switch that can be mounted on the handlebar within easy reach of your left thumb without removing your hand from the grip.

The cost of the new harness will be unchanged from our past harness.

The cost fo the lights will be 1/2 that mentioned above with special consideration for anyone who orders early or is currently waiting for lights (contact me).

I think this is going to be very popular.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Rich what are the dimensions and maybe a side picture with the mount? Waterproof ?, silicone seal around the glass, is cable entry sealed ?
Is it "one mode only" on & off?
Thx

I got something similar from Amazon and they awesome, but would like another yellow pair

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
I suppose at that price point they are not DOT certified?

What is the pattern? Spot or flood?

Has anyone evey tried adding a blinder to the outside of these lights to cut off the light even with the headlight beam to avoid blinding oncoming traffic? Hopefully with the attachable yellow lense, it would be easier for me to set something up and presumably heat is not too bad or the yellow lense would suffer.

I have a set of your 10W lights that are awesome. Perhaps I should start experimenting with external blinders on them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I’m interested in a pair along with your mounting bracket and wiring harness. I'll wait for more info first. I mainly want to know if they are flood or spot lights.
I looked at your sight and I don’t see them there yet.

·
Vendor
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I already have a set of your lights installed on my DL-1000A, would the actual lights be adaptable to the harness I already have?
Yes

Re: spot vs flood. These will have a 25 degree lens so they will definitely improve visibility riding at night and with the yellow lens ill definitely significantly improve daytime visibility.

I'll post some video after receiving the first pair.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Yes

Re: spot vs flood. These will have a 25 degree lens so they will definitely improve visibility riding at night and with the yellow lens ill definitely significantly improve daytime visibility.

I'll post some video after receiving the first pair.
At 25 degrees I would call it a spot beam or pencil beam, maybe beam on the wider side of a pencil beam - definitely not a flood or driving light beam. I like those and tend to aim the left one for range down the road and the right to be a little to the right to help with wildlife eyes on the side of the road or ditch while still further away than driving lights would shine.

Reactions: DavidT

·
Vendor
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The relative terms flood, spot, and pencil are indeed loose terms. Usually pencil means 15 degrees or less.

I have my own preferences as well based on trying a lot of lights and talking to a lot of customers. I'm enthusiastic about these lights because of their ability to do two jobs most people ask about. Daytime visibility (brightness and yellow color) and night illumination to augment the headlights. A 25 degree beam does a good jib of not only reaching out don the road but helps down road to the side as well.

·
Registered
2014 DL1000A (Current)
128 Posts
I'd be interested in being a test rabbit for the lights. Let me know when they are available and what the cost would be. I'm about 45 minutes north of your location.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Rick are they dimmable? I'm thinking about hanging another set under my Bajas but I run everything through a Skene dimmer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coming soon - 2500 Lumen (real life usable output) 25 watt (real life power draw) per light that use four real USA made 10 watt CREE LED elements. With optional removable yellow lens for grater day time visibility.

I'm just going to be blunt here. These lights are sold elsewhere for $280 a pair. The actual manufacturer provides them to multiple companies, many you have heard of, and several companies sell them at a huge profit advertising them as being 4,000 Lumen at 40 watt. That is a theoretical output not actually achieved in the real world. The real world specs are 2500 Lumen and 25 watt.

We will also have an improved super easy to install wiring harness with a switch that can be mounted on the handlebar within easy reach of your left thumb without removing your hand from the grip.

The cost of the new harness will be unchanged from our past harness.

The cost fo the lights will be 1/2 that mentioned above with special consideration for anyone who orders early or is currently waiting for lights (contact me).

I think this is going to be very popular. View attachment 283780 View attachment 283781

Wonderful!
I sent you an email a few days ago asking if you were getting any lights in to fulfill backorders.

·
Registered
2009 DL1000
15 Posts
Hello Rich,
I was on your sight looking at the lights. For the 2002 up Dl1000 light kit for $170, is that the 25 watt cree lights with the removable yellow covers? I see them listed below for individual purchase but I would want the whole kit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts