StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a new ignition key made. What I did not check with this new key was the gas cap and seat release.
Do not forget to check all locks that this new key is to fit before you need it. It is very bad when you cannot open the gas cap for refueling.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My point was to check to see that your spare or new key would operate all locks it needs to before one takes off with it.
My key was left with rough edges that had to be polished to make it function. I was able to get it to work the gas cap with great effort and much time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wonder where you got your new key ? I got a spare made for my GL1800 at Wal-Mart but the girl running the key machine told me she couldn't make a key for a motorcycle. I already knew the blank number and assured her she could but she still didn't want to. After telling her I wouldn't hold her accountable if it didn't work she finally cut one for me and BTW it worked perfect on all locks. So if you might know the blank number or point me in the right direction it will help me with my new K9 Wee. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts