StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose I should've posted here first, but as the saying goes, "better late than never".

Signed the paperwork on 04-23/2011 (Burgers Motorcycles in Three Bridges, NJ), actually picking my new Vee on 05-05/2011 (work schedule and weather delays).

Now I'm back on two wheels (that are my own) for the first time in over 25 years. I can't believe it was that long, but life throws things your way sometimes that delay what you want until you've dome the things that truly need doing (that old "wants versus needs" deal).

Anyway, in the interim between pickup and this post, I've managed to rack up over 2400 miles under the tires. 600 miles in three weeks so the first service could be performed before heading out to Americade (see what happens when you let a friend know you're back on two wheels). The week of Americade was 1,596 miles in that week. Not a huge amount, but it did remind me that there are few things about distance riding that had been forgotten during the intervening bike-less years. Some reminders are uncomfortable in tender places of the anatomy.

Anway, Americade was different and at the same time, a little bit of a disappointment. I thought there would be a few more actual after-market manufacturers showing up. A bit let down on that. On the up side, I did get to see and talk with a few other Vee'/Wee's and the riders of those bikes. Some good info exchanged, but also a number of questions left to have answered. But then again, that's what this forum is all about, n'est pas?

Nice to be back.....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
welcome to the assylum... we have cookies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts