StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the JC Witney top case. I must say that for the price, this thing was better then expected, however there was considerable modifications to get the mount on with the provided bolts. Also the rubber pads are too large on one side, but now that its all done, its great! $90 bucks...

notes: I took out the white reflective under the rear red plasic because I didnt want those gawd awful red side things on and it looked funny. I will be painting those nasty siders with flat black, and then I'll re-insert the pre-installed white thing behide the would-be reflector.

I left the cross logo on top, I like it, it looks British!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for the post and info. I just ordered the same case, and hope the mounting is simpler for me.

I heard that the case will match up to the Givi mount that was on the Vee when I bought it.

Can anybody help verify this?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have put my jcw on a givi mount and a givi on my jcw mount. They appear to be the same style.

·
Registered
28 Posts
JCW top case install

Two weeks ago I installed the 'polished' black case on my '07 DL650. I used two of the long bolts supplied by JCW to attach the rear u-channel to the stock Suzuki rack through the existing holes in the rack. (Naturally, I took the rubber pad off first - spray with WD40 and pull hard). For the front I used one of the supplied u-channel pieces and bolted it to the stock rack through the existing bolt holes using the same chrome bolts. I purchased two shorter bolts, the head of the bolt in the 'u' with the threaded portion up and secured to the u-channel - (use locktight).
The rubber bumpers are stiff - getting the case to sit down and latch is still a challenge.......good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Interesting Ggoug,
I have the exact issue right now with the larger 40 liter one. It wants to wiggle around when I'm driving. I can hear it "bouncing" on the latch when I am driving. The first time I heard it I was surprised... took another day to figure it out. I don't fear that it will fall off, it's just that there is about a 1/4" inch of vertical movement at the latch. It is tight at the front where it slips in. I was thinking I would get around to putting something under it to wedge it.

I had even thought of modifying the case to mount external lights for brake, running, and turn signals... but was just an idea. haven't gotten around to it. If I was going to do that... that would make sense. Givi uses a contact mount external to their mount and case for their brake light. One of these days... when I have time to farkle.....

James

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I purchased the JC Witney top case. I must say that for the price, this thing was better then expected, however there was considerable modifications to get the mount on with the provided bolts. Also the rubber pads are too large on one side, but now that its all done, its great! $90 bucks...

notes: I took out the white reflective under the rear red plasic because I didnt want those gawd awful red side things on and it looked funny. I will be painting those nasty siders with flat black, and then I'll re-insert the pre-installed white thing behide the would-be reflector.

I left the cross logo on top, I like it, it looks British!

Love your bike color:mrgreen:

I bought the GIVI E450 Simply which looks amazingly similar. I wonder if GIVI makes those for JCW. Does the JCW top case have the waterproof seal as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts