StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Been checking out this site since September, when I decided to look into upgrading my old bike, an 06 DR650, to possibly a V Strom. I figured out I'm riding the highway alot more than I thought I would be when I got the DR. I'm happy to say I'm going to pick up a 14 V-strom 1000 Adventure Saturday! Looking forward to riding!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Welcome and good luck! I had an '11 Vstrom 650 for three years and 30,000 miles that I really loved. I hated to see it go, but wanted more power. I opted for a '14 Vstrom 1000. 10,000 miles since March, and loving it! A person would have to be crazy not to love the 1000. It has great power, comfort and can do anything the 650 can do, and then some. It feels as nimble as the 650, and does the twisties just as well. Be careful of the power though, it takes a little while to get used to it. Highway driving is great, especially in 6th gear where it is smooth as glass. The power does give you the ability to get away from bad drivers on the highway, just be careful about the law! Good luck accessorizing, and ride safe!:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome Chiro! I'll have to post some pics of my new ride this weekend on the beak strom thread. Safe riding to you as well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts