StromTrooper banner

New Heidenau K60 Scouts First ride.

12620 Views 25 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  banditrider
This is the first pair of true dual sport tires I have had on the bike. I had OEM Trailwings before and I thought they were not too bad on gravel, but, The K60 is waaaaayyyy better. Straight line they move a bit but not as squirmy as the TW's . Turns are where they shine. I was able to steer with the rear + gas with much more confidence. I kept thinking, "your going to look smart if you dump it first time out on the new tires," but they just keep asking for more.:yikes: With the TW's, if you get too hard on the gas the tire breaks free and gets more free. With the K60's you can break it loose and then it hooks up again:hurray: Sorry, I know lots of you guys have these tires already, and your like, duh, but for anyone who has been sitting on the fence, :jawdrop::thumbup:
Did I mention they have a 1/2" lug depth on the rears!!!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Living the Stereotype
11,551 Posts
I have a pair on my 08...well worth the money..excellent.:thumbup:
Did you get them in the States or did you have to smuggle them in?

· Registered
132 Posts
I'm putting a set of these on my KTM as soon as I burn up the rear D606.

While I love full knobs I end up riding a lot of pavement to get to the fun stuff. I've also been doing a ton more moto camping and I can go through a set in just a few weekends so getting 3-4 times the mileage would be worth the tradeoff.

· Registered
818 Posts
Interested in how these tyres go too. Will be keen to hear how they handle the tar too - particularly in the wet. Obviously keen to hear how the last too - esp on a Vee...

· Registered
281 Posts
Hey Bob - feel free to give us an update once you've ridden a little more, like in April. My Annakees only have about 50% tread and this looks like a super tire. I'm in Barrie and I'm sure it's not too difficult to get a pair.

· Registered
623 Posts
I bought my K60s from Revzilla. I think they still have them in stock. I really like them off-road, but I have been a little reluctant to really test them in the twisties on the pavement because they just "feel" looser when cornering than the Shitkos that I had before. Maybe they are better than I think. Maybe I just need to show some sac and lay into them. I have not tried them in the rain yet.

· Registered
280 Posts
I replaced my Ankee 2's today with a set and so far really like them. I got a chance to ride them a few miles on gravel and they were far better than the Ankee's. On road so far they feel just as good in the corners to me. No head shake although I have installed the tapered steering head bearings. They have a little lighter feel to them but they really hold a line well in the corners so far. I'm looking forward to the trip to the Dalles next weekend to get more miles on them.:thumbup:

· Registered
816 Posts
I rode the K60s up in Alaska last year, and man I couldn't wait to get back on street tires for the pavement. Enjoyable to have grip under braking and acceleration on the dirt, but I'm a bit too chicken to lean 'er way over on the dirt.

On the pavement, I hated the way the tire wandered from one block to another under hard cornering. *shrug*

· Registered
96 Posts
I rode the K60s up in Alaska last year, and man I couldn't wait to get back on street tires for the pavement. Enjoyable to have grip under braking and acceleration on the dirt, but I'm a bit too chicken to lean 'er way over on the dirt.

On the pavement, I hated the way the tire wandered from one block to another under hard cornering. *shrug*
How many miles did you get out of them?

· Registered
280 Posts
I've had mine for just over 700 miles now and was able to test them in a bunch of conditions a the rally over the weekend. I had Ankees on the bike before and really liked them but so far I'm liking the K60's more. They are as good in the corners and are way better off road. The Ankees felt a little better in the rain and on the freeway but not enough to make me not buy another set of the K60's over them next time. If I get the miles out of them they some of the guys are saying that they're getting I'll be sticking with them.:thumbup:

Reactions: Snowlover
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.