StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking at new bars are they all the same diameter? Is there anything special I need to be looking for?

Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
Nope.....but 7/8" is what you more than likely want to stick with. Lots and lots of bar info here, take a look at the Tusk ATV sport bend.....I HIGHLY recommend them. ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Seven eights is the stock diameter and it is much simpler to keep that size.

I got the protaper SE raptor bend bars (SE stands for seven eights in that brand) and I like them a lot. Higher, wider but less pull back.

Aluminum bars are more expensive but they provide more vibration dampening because they are thicker. You can't use the stock bar ends on aluminum bars but you don't really need them.

Do a search on here for handlebars. There is a thread that compares lots of different models with dimensions for each.

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
Seven eights is the stock diameter and it is much simpler to keep that size.

I got the protaper SE raptor bend bars (SE stands for seven eights in that brand) and I like them a lot. Higher, wider but less pull back.

Aluminum bars are more expensive but they provide more vibration dampening because they are thicker. You can't use the stock bar ends on aluminum bars but you don't really need them.

Do a search on here for handlebars. There is a thread that compares lots of different models with dimensions for each.

Super easy to modify to work with aluminum bars, and I have found that they still make a considerable difference. The Protaper are rather expensive, the TUSK are not for just as good of quality IMHO.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Super easy to modify to work with aluminum bars, and I have found that they still make a considerable difference. The Protaper are rather expensive, the TUSK are not for just as good of quality IMHO.
+1 i love mine. Have mine tilted back so they are about 1/2" closer than the factory bars

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I sure hope your warning stickers are off by now Mark. :mrgreen:
I leave them on. Increases the resale value. I have the plastic on my couch still, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts