StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Vstrom last year :D , traded it on a Hayabusa :evil: , now I want to get rid of the Busa and get another Vstrom :lol: .
Anybody interested in a partial trade :?: .
I'v been monitoring this site 4 a while and I think needs to liven up a bit.

Any hardcore sport riders on here, that have a Strom as a second or evan a main bike but use it hard, that have done serious performance mods(suspension, TLS or TLR motor swap, front fork and 17" wheel change etc.)need to hear from you as I'm considering some of this stuf.

I have an 03 GSXR1000 for track and back road use also so if anybody is into that like to hear from you to.

And no I'm not a young squid kid, just a misplaced midle 40's guy 8) .

J

·
0 Posts
The Strom is the only one of my bikes I haven't modified for performance. I've got a 954RR that is supposed to be for the track and am currently modifying the MZ Street Moto for the tighter tracks. I'm also mid 40's and have found the 954 is a little more excitement on the track than I really need. I use the Strom more for endurance riding and vacation trips.

R

·
0 Posts
Welcome!

I just sold a ZX-12 and picked up an '03 ZX-6R for track duty, as well as an '02 Strom for street/touring duty.

I've ridden a track day on the 'Strom, and found ground clearance to be more of a limiting factor than the DP/Touring tires. I'm planning some suspension work but haven't got round to it so far....

As far as motor swaps with TL/SV, I've thought about it, but I don't think it would be worth the hassle. The attraction of the bike is the midrange grunt, and I don't have much trouble keeping up with the sportbikes as it is. On a real road, it doesn't get much better! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts