StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

Well, I did it. I enlisted in the 'troopers. I'm returning to riding after a bunch of years and after an "wrong turn" with cruiser ergos last summer :nonod: I went looking for a do-it-all modern UJM and here I am. I found a '06 Wee in great condition and am looking forward to putting a bunch of miles on her. Here's a pic of us leaving the sellers house (I know, I know; but the weather forecast for the Adirondacks was kind of iffy and I didn't have a co-pilot to bring the car home).

pmacb

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum pmacb. Suspect you will find the Strom well suited for your location. Upped the fun factor for me after coming off a cruiser. Ride safe. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Now you have done it.

I hope your 2006 V-Strom proves as reliable as mine. I have visited a lot of states and provinces, and the only unreliable part of the bike is the geezer who buys the gas.

East of you are some cordial folks in New England. Visit them for a good time.

Far to the south are some equally good companions who ride all year.

In the north are some good sports who are getting ready for a long chilly ride tomorrow -- no joke!

Go and ride with these folks. I have done that, and I will do it all again.

Keith

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I too am a new Trooper.

I bought a blue 2007 Wee with less than 6000 miles on it.

I'm loving it so far.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Greetings everyone,

(I know, I know; but the weather forecast for the Adirondacks was kind of iffy and I didn't have a co-pilot to bring the car home).

pmacb
Weather forecasts are ALWAYS iffy in the Adirondacks. Btw, that's the same way I got my new bike home from Montreal two years ago. I hadn't owned a bike since about '83, and didn't feel like breaking it and me in through our own iffy March weather. It hasn't been on a trailer since.

Welcome, and hope to ride with you at some point. I'm in the Adirondacks at least twice a year riding, camping and fly-fishing for your dinky little trout. Like Keith says, there's good folk N, S, and E of you. He seems like a decent man, don't know what he has against folk W of you?

Cheers, and enjoy

Marc

·
Registered
33 Posts
Weather forecasts are ALWAYS iffy in the Adirondacks. Btw, that's the same way I got my new bike home from Montreal two years ago. I hadn't owned a bike since about '83, and didn't feel like breaking it and me in through our own iffy March weather. It hasn't been on a trailer since.

Welcome, and hope to ride with you at some point. I'm in the Adirondacks at least twice a year riding, camping and fly-fishing for your dinky little trout. Like Keith says, there's good folk N, S, and E of you. He seems like a decent man, don't know what he has against folk W of you?

Cheers, and enjoy

Marc
Hey I am west of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts