StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New guy here.

While not new to motorcycles, I'm seeking information about a low-cost adventure bike. Thus far, I like what I've read about the wee-strom; gas mileage, weight carrying capacity, decent two-up riding with gear and comfort.....

I currently ride a KTM 500 EXC, which is a beast of a bike, but only I can ride this bike. My wife has been lamenting about missing our M109R2 bike and misses our rides in town and out of town.

I really do love to ride any adventure off-road and I'm hoping the wee-strom may fulfill this desire for my wife and I to ride, and then for me to take off by myself loaded for the adventure.....

·
Registered
987 Posts
Everybody has an opinion, heres mine: If you and your wife are on the smaller side and weigh under 300 lbs together, you can get a good ride out of the Wee. Especially if you don't need lots of speed.
If you're heavier than that you might like the DL1000--but they are slightly less agile offroad. In fact Stroms generally are not the best offroaders. But they are capable of rough gravel roads no problem.
They are durable, and charming--I call em the Golden Retrievers of the motorcycle world.
I am a big guy and love my DL1000 but when going offroad I use my KLR650 and with these two bikes I can do most any kind of riding--max bang for the buck too.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
SteveO -

I bought a new-to-me 2007 Wee in late January of this year. I'm a big, tall guy who uses this bike nearly daily for my 20-mile round-trip commute. It's great for this, getting about 53 mpg (always ridden under 60 mph due to road conditions and speed limits) relatively safely and comfortably. My wife and I can ride comfortably for a couple hours using the stock seat, but a seat upgrade would be in order for multi-hour or day-long rides.

I higly recommend these bikes. 2007 and newer models have 2 plugs per cylinder and seemed to me to get slightly better average fuel mileage compared to older models when I looked at the gas mileage averages on website Fuelly. They start easily, are reported to be very dependable for lots of miles. Best of luck to you regardless of your decision.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Steve I bought my 05 wee last October. I have had a few 1 liter plus road bikes to do 2 up. I still have and old bmw r100/7(trying to sale). We are 350 lbs together. I have done a couple of 100-200 miles days with her. She says she perfers to ride on the back of it over any other bike I have own. I criuse 75- 80 on the highway with her and no problem. I do have a corbin on it. I like the wee a lot better than I thought I would. It replaced a cbr1100xx if this info helps. She is 5'11" and I am 6'1".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts