StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Wife and I just got an addition to our STable. Currently riding a 2k6 Honda ST1300. Wonderful bike! We picked up a 2k7 Wee on Tue and I had the pleasure of riding her home. Actually been riding her almost daily since then. First impressions are awesome except for the seat.

Wife was super excited to get the Wee home so she could take it for a spin in the parking lot. She's been riding 2 up with me for a couple of years and is a rider to be in the spring. We bought the Wee for her, something she can start on and hang on to for a while.

I've also had a Honda Nighthawk, GS500, Bandit 1250SEA. But the current lineup occupying our garage is in the pic below. I've put on about 21k on the ST this year about 8k 2 up. Trips this year include a 15 state 6k 8day ride with a friend, where we hit the Dragon again, BRP, went back with wife to do the Skyline later in Jul. And now just got back from 7 day Gaspé trip a couple of weeks ago. It's been a super great summer in terms for riding. It's funny, we both wished we could have just kept riding on every trip.

In fact we're planning a RTW in a few years on a couple of Wee's so I'm planning on swapping the ST for another Wee. I'm very excited for the 2012 to come out actually. Love the styling.

Anyway, nice to be here. Let the farkling begin! In fact if anyone knows where I can get some lowering links let me know. I'm looking at these at the moment.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,690 Posts
Welcome aboard!

If you haven't already, take a look in the Canadian section. We are having a little bike meet next weekend (Oct 1st and 2nd) up In Wilberforce. There is info in the section about it. It would be a nice place to meet some of the Canadian Riders!

..Tom

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome, nice bikes, both of them!

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
The stock seat is far from wonderful

... First impressions are awesome except for the seat.
Agreed. I put a cheap foam cushion on mine, and it makes a lot of difference. If you want an expert's opinion and advice, please consult ironmorph, in the Florida section. He may no longer be riding a Strom, but he surely put a lot of miles on one of two of them, and he had a custom seat made for it. He said it was worth the several hundred dollars it cost. I am thinking I should not have been so cheap, but that is how I ride and how I am.

If you study all the choices described in this forum, you will be reading for a long time, and will have many choices to consider. If you fancy your skills as an upholsterer, you can modify your seat for a few bucks, and threads here will show you just how to do it.

Whatever you do to the seat, you will surely enjoy the bike. I like riding mine several hundred miles a day, whether that makes me sore or not. The ache passes soon when I stand up or sit elsewhere, but the joy of the ride endures. In August, I rode from Florida to Virginia, in order to accompany a good friend who was riding from Ontario to Florida. I knew that he would just ride expressways if left to his own devices, so I led him from Wytheville VA via twisty roads to the BRP, then south through more twisties, even including a tour of a jail in Florida, and we never rode an Interstate highway.

I wish you continuing good luck. Both the Strom and the ST-1300 are fine machines.

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts