Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in East Texas, near Tyler.

Just got here after picking up a 2014 DL1000 Adventure a few hours ago. I've been doing research on an adventure tour bike, first timer here. Decided on a V-Strom 1000. I found my super clean Adventure just a hour from me. Less then 6K miles, with a Sargent saddle and Scorpion slip-on. Also has the Holeshot EFI SuperTune Pro Tuning Box installed but without the snorkel modification.

After sport/sport-touring/touring/naked bikes I gotta admit an adventure tourer is a different beast. I like it though. I'll be using the Strom for a planned Pacific Coast Hwy ride next spring.

Already have some accessory add-ons planned. Windshield, topcase, radiator guard, throttle lock and mud guard to begin with. Looking forward to being a Stromtrooper for additional info on maintenance, accessory reviews, etc.

I haven't seen many Stroms in this part of the world, but I'll keep a sharper eye out now.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Welcome Texan! They are a great bike that meet the majority of use cases. And they are a blast to ride which makes them even more fun. I could lean my DL650 further than I dared any naked or street bike I had in the past.... or may it just feels that way :grin2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome, congrats, and best wishes for a safe and amazing Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) tour. In Texas you may never need heated grips, but you might be really surprised by how darn cold that Pacific Ocean is. You can stand on the PCH facing the ocean, and it feels like you're standing in front of an open refrigerator. The side facing the water will be darn cold. Have a great time!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm in East Texas, near Tyler.

Just got here after picking up a 2014 DL1000 Adventure a few hours ago. I've been doing research on an adventure tour bike, first timer here. Decided on a V-Strom 1000. I found my super clean Adventure just a hour from me. Less then 6K miles, with a Sargent saddle and Scorpion slip-on. Also has the Holeshot EFI SuperTune Pro Tuning Box installed but without the snorkel modification.

After sport/sport-touring/touring/naked bikes I gotta admit an adventure tourer is a different beast. I like it though. I'll be using the Strom for a planned Pacific Coast Hwy ride next spring.

Already have some accessory add-ons planned. Windshield, topcase, radiator guard, throttle lock and mud guard to begin with. Looking forward to being a Stromtrooper for additional info on maintenance, accessory reviews, etc.

I haven't seen many Stroms in this part of the world, but I'll keep a sharper eye out now.
Hah! Wife and I are going to do the same ride next May. Ship the bike from Houston to Seattle then ride down to San Diego. Undecided if we will keep riding to Houston to ship back from San Diego. Welcome aboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts