Strom Trooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first prototype of the GPS mount is ready. The GPS is above the cockpit. It will be available in black. The mount moves with the screen, and thus remains in all positions adjustable.
We tried to run it with the lines of the cockpit, and it workt out pretty well:thumbup: Suitable for Zumo 350, 550, 660, TTR. With RAM mounting.

Greetings,

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The second prototype of a GPS mount. This one is without the RAM. It works perfectly. No vibrations and very stable.

The mount is adjustable. So you still can adjust your windshield

Easy to assemble and not expensive to make.

Peter

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Great work Peter. I like the idea of having the unit in the line of site of the road so as not have to look down to see the screen. Any updated info, instructions etc...:thumbup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a better way to run the cable?

pk
Of course there's a better way. I have used the 12V socket for the test. That is why you see the cable. If you take the power from the battery, you getting rid of the cable. (see Picture)

@chirosyd;
I tested this mount for more dan 1800km and it is solid as a rock. No vibrations what so ever. I have a list of materials that are used to make the mount. I will try to translate that list. it is technically Dutch:headbang:

Peter

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Peter,

Im interested on your 2nd prototype. Very neat. Do you make for sale?
Hai Jason,

I have a manual with pics and the drawing for the GPS mount. ( in English) It is easy to make for almost nothing.:thumbup: It's to big to post it here, so if anyone wants it, send me a mail and I'll send it to you.

Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts