Strom Trooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I currently have a 2006 1000 with hepco Becker side cases and a givi too case. I really want a bike with abs and was thinking about a 18 or 19 vstrom. Does anyone have some pics from the rear of their side cases? I know the exhaust is quite large and I am curious as to how various side cases fit.
Any comments on how differently the new Strom would feel from my 06 would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 2019 1000 xt adventure and the side cases are Suzuki branded but they are made by sw motech so they are quality and have lots of aftermarket support. The exhaust is large but mounted pretty low for an adventure bike so they just mounted the boxes a little higher. You might notice it a bit climbing on or off because you might have to lift your leg a couple of inches higher but they look good, and they were able to keep them closer to the bike than some of the competition because they mounted above the exhaust instead of around it. Hope this helps 20190902_224729_1567479123125.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I bought the Givi rack and put the same cases that were on my 05 650. They ended up being almost 2" narrower than on the 650.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
If you plan to do a lot of 2up riding stay away from the Givi Outback Trekker, they take away all of the passenger leg room. I made the mistake of buying them and wound up having to get some custom plates made up to move them down and back.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 2019 1000 xt adventure and the side cases are Suzuki branded but they are made by sw motech so they are quality and have lots of aftermarket support. The exhaust is large but mounted pretty low for an adventure bike so they just mounted the boxes a little higher. You might notice it a bit climbing on or off because you might have to lift your leg a couple of inches higher but they look good, and they were able to keep them closer to the bike than some of the competition because they mounted above the exhaust instead of around it. Hope this helps View attachment 253411
How much did those set you back? They look great. Exhaust looks nice too. I have a pair of hepco and Becker that look about the same size. Wondering if I may just be able to buy new racks and use my old cases. How tall are those if you don't mind?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
If you plan to do a lot of 2up riding stay away from the Givi Outback Trekker, they take away all of the passenger leg room. I made the mistake of buying them and wound up having to get some custom plates made up to move them down and back.
I have the 2018 DL1000XA and also the GIVI Trekker Outback side and top cases and my wife is pretty comfortable back there. Getting on and off is more difficult but so far it's not a showstopper for 2-up with either my Wife or Daughter . . . They are both in the 5'6", 120 Lbs. range . . .

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts