156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
22,268 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I already have a J&M 2003 cb, so don't need anything more than just the mixing of another input (xm radio now, gps later). I have heard good things about the autocom also.

Tom

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use the MixIt2 and I'm satisfied with it.

I had originally inserted it right behind the gas tank, in the void behind the engine. That proved to be too close to the ignitions and I could heard the clicking sound driven by RPM. I then relocated it near the tool bag under the rear of the seat and that works great. It comes in a bubble wrapper, so I just plug the wires into it, immobilize it but left it in the bubble to help protect it.

I adjusted the audio level to what I wanted to (radar detector; GPS; and XM are limited as far as adjustment goes; and my MP3 is handling it nicely) and just leave it there. I ran an extension for my earbuds so I only have to plug in one thing when I saddle up.

Not cheap, but it's good stuff.

Rich

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ugh, i found out the pmix uses a 110v power cord. That throws a hitch into my plans.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
58 Posts
I emailed back and forth with the owner/manufacturer. He seems like a guy I'd want to do business with.

I decided against his product on technical grounds. Firstly, his installation is 2 boxes due to the remote volume. Once set, I bet you won't play much with the master volume. Mine is under the seat, and I never play with it. ALl the things I hooked to it have their (even limited) volume control. Secondly, no built-in transformer for mono inputs, you have to buy a seaprete external coupler. If you plan on hooking a radar detector and/or a GPS with a mono output, you'll need that extra.

Like I said though, he seems like a guy I'd do business with. Go ahead and email him the details of your intended installation and take it from there.

Cheers,
Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts