StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new front tire. I currently have a michelin pilot road 1 on the front and I am pretty unhappy with the results, it may be due to a very slow leak the tire has had since new( I checked it weekly, but it would often be down to 30 psi when I checked and refilled it) , but the tread wear looks very inconsistant.

anyway there seem to be some new options since I looked at front tires
( i bought the new bt023 bridgestone for the rear and i'm very please with it's performance... and the wet traction has increased from the previous generation bt021) anyway I'm looking at the michelin pilot road 3, and conti road attack 2's, would anyone reccomend one tire over the other, or an alternative tire? ohh and this thing never sees any real offroad action. it does however see tons of freeway miles, and some spirited glendora mountain road action.

·
Registered
15,608 Posts
If you like the 023 rear, why not the same for the front? Unless it isn't available for the rim.My buddy with a Stevio is crying the tyre blues because a matching front isn't available.
I really like the feeling of the Tourance rear and the Dunlop 607 front. Tires were on the bike when I got it.

GMR very much fun. Chrystal Lake is a nice addition to the miles in the canyon!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've been running a Pilot Road on the front (PR2 rear) and have been happy with it, so much so that I just picked up another PR front on ebay for $79 shipped :hurray:. Good luck finding a PR3 in a 19, they are out of stock everywhere.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I got Conti Trail attacks on and feel these have been the best tires I have choosen over the past 40k. I would imagine they maybe like the road attacks, but perhaps more of a fireroad tread, although by looking at them you would never know. I run 80/20 at most.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Once worn out, I replaced the original battlewings with Metzeler Tourance and have been quite pleased. For what its worth, these are OEM for the BMW dual sport bikes.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my decision was made for me this time.... the pilot road 3 appeared to be in stock, but apparently was not, oh well I am curious to see how this fancy technology that's supposed to shorten the tire break in time works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts