StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot wait to get this front tire on -- so sick of that squirmy sliding feeling of the stock front tire on loose dirt and wet grass.

I am leaving the rear tire stock for now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from Revzilla -- I figured I would support a sponsor -- I ordered it monday and recieved it thursday the same week.

My thoughts are I don't mind my rear tire sliding around a little -- it can be fun sometimes. But I hate the front moving around on me.

We will see.

I imagine I will have the rear k-60 within a year

·
Registered
423 Posts
m
My thoughts are I don't mind my rear tire sliding around a little -- it can be fun sometimes. But I hate the front moving around on me.
Me, too! If the front is as good as the rear was on my old KLR, you'll love it. I ALMOST went with these front and rear, but, decided I'm not really going to be off-road as much as I was in the past on my other bikes. Be sure and let us know how you like it!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I put a set on my Vee and they hook up great in all conditions but due to roads and riding style I'm not going to get more than 3500 miles out of the rear so I'm gonna try a K-76 with the K-60 front when the rear is done.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
423 Posts
IIRC, the rear tire was mounted with the center arrows pointing the opposite way that those on your front tire are pointing. I guess the front should be mounted opposite of the rear? :confused: Just make sure is all I'm saying, because I really don't know!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked it this am. It is correct. The directional arrow is conveniently on the side of the tire. I thought it looked backwards as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looking forward to your take on the K60. I've been of the same mind to put something better up front for more stability in the occasional sand/gravel/misc stuff while leaving the stock rear to dance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
423 Posts
I checked it this am. It is correct. The directional arrow is conveniently on the side of the tire. I thought it looked backwards as well.
Yeah, I would have had to check it three or four times if I was mounting it. :confused: Thanks for the followup! :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
K-60's

I put a K-60 on the front of my Wee last May. I immediately liked my dirt road wandering rides home after work a lot more. The tire removed most of that riding on loose marbles feeling of the old Bridgestone Trailwing. It works well around town and on the older blacktop roads it is fine. On the longer high speed runs it is noisy; the first time I got up around 75mph I started looking around to see which way the emergency vehicle was coming then as I slowed realized it was my front tire.

I have over 7500 miles on it and it shows very little wear. I ran out to Colorado last year 12 days and 4,000 plus miles with most of it at temps in the 95 - 109 degrees, full camping gear and equipment, it does follow tar snakes some but not as bad as the old Bridgestone tire. No other problems besides highway noise.

I'll probably back off one step on my next front tire to something like the Anakee 2 or the newer Dunlop T-91, just because of the noise. I only ride about 15- 20% on dirt and nothing very agressive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got by wee about three weeks ago. It had a new K60 rear with about 300 miles on it and currently has a Trailwing on the front. I will not be a 50/50 rider but I do plan on playing on dirt some. I decided in the spirit of saving a little money I would just buy a K60 front instead of springing for a whole set of tires.

Purchased it from Revzilla last week and it arrived on Friday. My daughter plays travel fast pitch softball so I have not had the time to make the change but hope to over the next few days. I will also try to come back and give a report. My only concern is wet road riding but I have read here and ADV that it is a not issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
tires

I have had very good luck with the mitas e07, very similar tread and a lot cheaper here in Canada. $92.00 front /$149.00 rear from MX1. 7000kms on rear and 50 % tread left. Will handle 60km(40mph) corners at double plus 10 very safely, and very good on gravel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts