StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. After 8 cruisers and a dirt bike, I just bought my first V-Strom and first Suzuki Friday from Village Motorsports in Unionville, VA. Nice folks and a decent deal. I've put about 250 miles on it so far and love it. Got the 650. Trying to hurry up to the 600 mile service :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Go my bike last year from Village Motorsports. Have no complaints. Welcome

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm also considering village motorsports for my purchase. I'm in King George, VA!

Welcome! I'm a n00b also!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fitz, go for it. Ask for Lucretia. She's their sales manager I think. Very knowlegable. Tell her I sent you, maybe she'll give me a t-shirt or something :) They have them for $8999 for the Adventure. A guy from work bought two there in the past couple of months, a 1000 and a 650. There might be better prices somewhere but I couldn't find one, and not in stock. I got her last Adventure, she still has one base model.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome NoVAStrom!

Picked up mine from Village in January '11.

It's gonna be time for another NoVA VStrom meetup soon I think...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome! I notice a lot more Stroms riding around the back roads of Northern Virginia lately. I haven't really participated in this group much in the past, but it would be great to get a ride together some time. I'm in the Herndon/Reston area and have a 2009 Wee. I've done most of my riding alone in the past, but drop me a PM if anyone is interested in a ride sometime. I'm not a terribly fast rider (okay - I tend to be slow), but am always up for exploring more back roads.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live near Nokesville if anyone has any idea where that is :confused: I do a lot of riding on whatever bike I have on 211 to Luray and on over to New market (at I-81). Skyline Drive, Blueridge Parkway, Rte 33 into WV, etc. Last may I did the Tail of the Dragon (on a Triumph Rocket III!) I would like to go back soon on the VStrom. Trying my best to get to the 600 miles service so I can :mrgreen: I'm interested to know how it does on a road trip, did about 200 miles Sunday, 60 yesterday.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi all, I am in sterling on a white 2011 wee. You will probably see me riding daily into Reston.
I am up for a ride too. I know a small group of us usually do the backs roads to the Apple House and back. Next time that occurs I will post the the site and message you all.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's on 55 toward Front Royal, right? 55 is a nice ride.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh, I know exactly where that is, I rode through it yesterday while I was exploring Poplar and Elk Run Roads. I should have waved on my way through! :seeya:

Don't blink!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I live near Nokesville if anyone has any idea where that is :confused: I do a lot of riding on whatever bike I have on 211 to Luray and on over to New market (at I-81). Skyline Drive, Blueridge Parkway, Rte 33 into WV, etc. Last may I did the Tail of the Dragon (on a Triumph Rocket III!) I would like to go back soon on the VStrom. Trying my best to get to the 600 miles service so I can :mrgreen: I'm interested to know how it does on a road trip, did about 200 miles Sunday, 60 yesterday.
I just did the trip down to the Dragon on my 2011 DL650 last week and can report that it did great. I am around 215 lbs and was carrying quite a bit of weight in luggage/gear (full 38L Trax side boxes and a roll top waterproof duffel). Did ~550 mile straight shot home on Thursday and the bike had no problems cruising at 75 all day long. In the twisties the bike is considerably more capable than I am. Yours being the 2012 the engine is basically the same just updated and in theory the overall bike should be even better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got a great deal. Picking up next Friday ...

2012 1000 adventure,

11k out the door including -1+2 sprockets, aux power, crash bars, gel seat , installation, and taxes / registration.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

2012 1000 adventure,

11k out the door including -1+2 sprockets, aux power, crash bars, gel seat , installation, and taxes / registration.

Congratulations!! My T-Shirt should be here any day now :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts

2012 1000 adventure,

Well, how do you like it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts