StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Wee-Strom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I just picked up my new 2020 left-over V-strom 650. Getting back into street bikes since I sold my '05 SV650 in 2012 when my son was born. Loved that bike, but a new baby and grad school meant no money or time to ride. My wife cried when they buyer loaded it on his trailer. I've been riding my dual sported XR400 for the last few years, but about 99% off road. I've also got some ATV's, and a 1972 jeep cj5 V8 to play with.

I've been itching for a street bike again for a few years.

I've liked the V-strom since I rented one in Portugal and rode through the countryside with my wife back in 2011. Combining the sweet 650 v-twin that I loved on my SV and a realistic assessment of how I was actually going to use it, the V-strom 650 seemed like the perfect choice. When I saw that Suzuki was offering $1k rebate, it was a done deal. Picked it up last week, and I've been hopping on it every chance I get. Even took my kids for their first streetbike rides. They loved it. This is the easiest riding bike I've ever been on.

I've already ordered handguards and a Suzuki center stand for it. Looking forward to some great times on it.

Pic from the dealership right before I rode it home...

Here's a pick from my V-strom Portugal adventure way back in the day

And the cj5, because I can

·
Registered
502 Posts
The 650 has certainly been the sweet spot for me. Not too big, not too small, not underpowered, not crazy over powered, not too loud, amazingly comfortable riding position, gobs of farkles available, etc etc etc.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome to VStroms. That's a nice looking new bike. Congrats!
J

·
Registered
2020 Wee-Strom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I'm loving it so far. Its hard to respect the break-in limits, but I'm working my way through. Took it out last night, the headlights are pretty decent, way better than my old SV.

·
Registered
2020 Wee-Strom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm about 15 minutes south of Phillipsburg, right along the river. Milford/Frenchtown area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts