StromTrooper banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
If a forum member enters the data their account like @Brockie mentioned and then you click on their avatar and then click on "About" it should show the information.

Though Brockie's suggestion is a lot quicker and less clicks.
I was hoping for something like this; however, when I click on his (or any other's) avatar, I am not presented with an "about" option to click on. Did you have to do anything special to get that option to appear?

In addition to his usual avatar info there are some stats and a place to click "follow" and "message". The 3 dot menu only contains the option to "ignore"

Also, the full signature is hidden unless I click on it, but I vaguely remember someone mentioning an option to force the full signature to always display.

I suppose I should be adding my ride to my signature for the time being.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,188 Posts
I have always learned the "new" sites and gotten used to them.

I am having a LOT of trouble even wanting to deal with this site. Even after all this time.

Has anyone else noticed how slow the site is lately? I am on a couple other VS sites too. The other one that just got this format is really slow too.......

Anyone else sick and tired of the popups at the top and bottom?

·
Registered
752 Posts
There is a place in 'your account" details to put your model owned, but it is not visible to a visitor. That makes it more difficult when answering a troopers question.
I have my bikes as my "signature". It would be great if everybody would do the same. There seems to be no other solution for the new software. I will forward this on to them.
Done and Done
Great Idea!!!

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts
I was hoping for something like this; however, when I click on his (or any other's) avatar, I am not presented with an "about" option to click on. Did you have to do anything special to get that option to appear?

In addition to his usual avatar info there are some stats and a place to click "follow" and "message". The 3 dot menu only contains the option to "ignore"

Also, the full signature is hidden unless I click on it, but I vaguely remember someone mentioning an option to force the full signature to always display.

I suppose I should be adding my ride to my signature for the time being.
When I hold over your avatar I get what you describe:

When I actually click on your avatar, I get:

Then clicking on "About", I get:

Don't know if I did anything special to get there, I have clicked on and off so many things who knows.

I am running Firefox 72.0.2.

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts

I am having a LOT of trouble even wanting to deal with this site. Even after all this time.

Has anyone else noticed how slow the site is lately? I am on a couple other VS sites too. The other one that just got this format is really slow too.......

Yes, to both.

At first I thought the slowness was me, Charter (ISP), or Firefox. But Adv Rider and VSRI are way faster even with Firefox.

·
Super Moderator
4,513 Posts

Depending on the time of day I often have to wait and wait for a preview, a post, or an alerts list. I would imagine that is a hosting issue.
The "Do you want to see Push Notifications" pop-up drives me crazy. I have mentioned it to VS. No reply so far. Even the "Recommended Reading" is simple click bait.
It seems the priority is to tempt us click on things. Enjoying the visit is irrelevant.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use TapaTalk for this and advrider. I don't get the popups, ads, and other hassles I see mentioned here. Maybe that's something to try? O do often have an issue that after scrolling down through a few screen fulls of topics it hangs and won't serve up any more. So then I go back to adv.

BTW, I know the mods are working on the political topics issue... I for one would be happy if you just took them down until the issue is resolved. They're not what I come here for and there. If folks want to share political views with other Strom riders, maybe set up a Google Group or something similar for that as a stopgap?

Vinnie

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

61 - 68 of 68 Posts