StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Strom for about 18 months now after trading in a Bandit on it. More than happy with the bike as it is extremely well suited to Aussie conditions. Great to tour on as well as being able to lift its skirts and run when you want it to. I've not made any mods to the bike, only a bagster tank cover and bag and got my local mechanic to put it on the dyno and get everything running just right. Got an extra 5hp just by getting the air/fuel mixture right. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bandit to V-Strom

That's a coincidence. I, too, traded my bandit in for a V-Strom.

Although I miss whacking around the roundabouts here on the in-line four, I smile every time I hear my back tyre 'chirp' on the Strom as you downshift for the turn. I do like the sound of a v-twin though.

I've only added heated grips (mandatory in Scotland) and a topbox. I'm planning to tour France for a week some time in the summer and may add panniers. I thought about a tank cover, but I like the screaming yellow.

Cheers!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems there's a trend here I too traded a 1200s bandit for a 02 strom miss the 4cyl. howl from the race can on the bandit but nothing else :D

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trading bandits

I've heard of heaps of people trading their Bandits in on the Strom. With the people I've had a chance to talk to on my travels, they are all happy with the Strom and do not regret the change one bit. I had no complaints about my bandit (1200s), but the Strom is just such a good balance between comfort and performance that the Bandit didnt stand a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts