Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well crud. Had started a somewhat well written review of the new foot pegs I just received and apparently somehow I was logged out as I was typing or something. When I went to add a link to the pictures it required me to log back in and I lost the narrative.

Short version, bored on the 4th of July, bought stuff from D2Moto.com using a 30% off coupon that included KLR650 replacement pegs, oil filter and reflective wheel tape (white to match bike). Just mounted pegs and hopefully will attach pics. Raining right now so haven't ridden with them yet. Sitting on bike they feel fine. Time will tell, but will be taking longish ride in August and can tell if, without the stock rubber, they vibrate too much, etc.

Link to vendor

Google + Album Link (I hope)

[/URL] [/CENTER][/IMG]

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's your impression of the KLR pegs now that you've had a few months to form an opinion?

I've only got a left peg, so I'm about to buy something.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They seem fine. Actually rode them on a somewhat extended trip to Silverton, CO for the RMAR event and had no issues. Being wider (front to back) they give a good foot feel....solid. I did have to get used to a different feel when shifting being there is probably slightly less space between the front of the new peg and the shifter arm. I will say with any heavy lugged boot, they can really "lock" to the pegs. In other words you can't wiggle the boot around like on the stock pegs with the rubber insert. Hey $10 for the set......go for it.

Rick

·
Registered
133 Posts
I also put these pegs on my bikes.

I had to clean up the insides to get the pins to go through on two of them but they fit very well.

Did an 1800 mile trip the last week and there were no negatives to these pegs. I really like how they "hold" my boots in place, and the wider "platform" than the stock pegs.

Well worth the $10!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts