StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my bike 06 VStrom up for sale yesterday morning then about 4:00pm the previous owner and a good buddy showed up with a set of Leo Vince Slip ons,Power Commander V,and a K&N filter.They were supposed to go on the bike but he sold the bike to me and sold the performance stuff to someone else before I purchased the bike.Well I put it all on last night took the bike for a long spin and have now taken the bike off the market and it will be a keeper.I have put exhaust and power commanders on some inline 4's and was so so about it but on the VStrom it really make it a very responsive smooth machine like I want a bike to be.Now to order a fork brace and peg lowers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm doing the same to my 06 shortly. Rainy season is officially here and
while riding in the rain is okay, its the other drivers who are the concern.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Put my bike 06 VStrom up for sale yesterday morning then about 4:00pm the previous owner and a good buddy showed up with a set of Leo Vince Slip ons,Power Commander V,and a K&N filter.They were supposed to go on the bike but he sold the bike to me and sold the performance stuff to someone else before I purchased the bike.Well I put it all on last night took the bike for a long spin and have now taken the bike off the market and it will be a keeper.I have put exhaust and power commanders on some inline 4's and was so so about it but on the VStrom it really make it a very responsive smooth machine like I want a bike to be.Now to order a fork brace and peg lowers.
How so? You state that the OP sold the the performance parts before you bought the bike. I don't get it.....plus the PC V doesn't apply to the '06. I know cuz I have an '06 with the PC III and that PC model is the one for the '06. Y

·
Registered
710 Posts
.....plus the PC V doesn't apply to the '06. I know cuz I have an '06 with the PC III and that PC model is the one for the '06. Y
The PCV will fit all VStrom Ks from 2004-current, per Dynojet. Your '06 has the one that was available then.

·
Registered
106 Posts
According to powercommander.com, Blair at SV racing and Fuelmoto the PCV works on 2002-2012 DL1000's.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Good response and correction. Hmmm. odd that Blair stated emphatically that the PCV was NOT for the '06 model. Geez, I gotta do a better job of checking my sources. I don't enjoy being wrong on such info.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Sorry....I was talking about about my 650. Too bad I missed the "Vee" specificity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts