StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if the new 2014 engine will do away with the "power pulses" when on the throttle hard. I've grown used to it, my previous 650 didn't have it. I thought something was wrong with my 1000 when I first bought it, but through this forum and other riders I have learned that this is normal behavior for the dl1000...

Jeff
2012 DL1000
Austin, TX USA

·
Registered
877 Posts
I wonder if the new 2014 engine will do away with the "power pulses" when on the throttle hard. I've grown used to it, my previous 650 didn't have it. I thought something was wrong with my 1000 when I first bought it, but through this forum and other riders I have learned that this is normal behavior for the dl1000...

Jeff
2012 DL1000
Austin, TX USA

The new flywheel is heavier, so that will help.

·
Administrator
17,543 Posts
Whacking the throttle hard in what gears and from what RPM? Hitting the throttle hard from less than 3000 RPM's is lugging that engine, and don't forget there are 2 large pistons in those jugs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a new SV1000S a few years ago and had an engine "rattle" in 1st gear as I started to release the clutch and open the throttle. This was at very low rpm's and it annoyed the hell out of me! I'd like to know if this has been cured.

The only reason I'm considering the DL1000 is because the new 650 is so damn ugly... even though it's more than enough for me. I had a K8 model and loved it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The only reason I'm considering the DL1000 is because the new 650 is so damn ugly... even though it's more than enough for me. I had a K8 model and loved it.

Funny, I find the new beak look on the 1000 ugly, the newer 650 looks so much better to me.
I guess to each their own.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I bought a new SV1000S a few years ago and had an engine "rattle" in 1st gear as I started to release the clutch and open the throttle. This was at very low rpm's and it annoyed the hell out of me! I'd like to know if this has been cured.

Is it also because you want to buy new?
Otherwise, keep your eyes open for a low mileage '09-'11 650 garage queen. They're out there if you are patient. I love mine :thumb up:
With the money saved, you can farkle to your heart's content. :yesnod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts