StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed new dog bones to raise the back end of my Strom. I've been scraping peg feelers regularly, even though the spring preload was maxxed out.

The new dog bones supposedly raise the bike 7/8 inch (22mm) at the rear wheel. I didn't measure the actual change, but it is substantial. Cornering clearance is indeed improved. I've now set the rear preload at 2.5 bars, leaving some room to increase preload when I carry a heavy touring load.

Raising the back of the bike has the same beneficial effect as lowering thr triple clamps. When cornering hard, the front wheel is more neutral, whereas it fought back a bit before the change.

I'm very pleased with this modification.

The links were made by Mike Cowlishaw ([email protected] ) at Eagle Mfg & Eng in San Diego, California, U.S.A. Mike is a Strom owner.

Steve D.

·
Registered
351 Posts
DOGBONES

Dog bones

My Strom has been lowered as low as it can go. Forks almost touch handle bars. Dog bones are shorter too. I find the bike handles well like this. I bought the demo bike and it had been lowered. I'am 6'3" 240lbs and am finding with a passenger on the back the rear tire rubs the inner fender sometimes. This is with the preload to the max. I figure I will make new bones to raise the back end up slightly 1/2" higher or if the originals are the correct hieght I will put these on. Putting more wait on the front tire is good for the Strom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts