StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I see most of your postings giving us updates of your new videos. Most people just click the links without responding. I just want to provide a reply to thank you for them. They are helpful, educational and very, very well done. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
This is a 2018 DL650 from the looks of it. The caliper is not the same as my 2014 - 2018 and I do not have the rear suspension adjustment on the right side of the bike.
Very informative however, and likely a similar process for the DL1000.

He sure cleans that up nicely, cripes. Maybe he needs to build a plastic box around it all so no dirt or dust can ever get inside it. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Bugzy,

Yes it is a 2017 650.
Yes the caliper might not be the same but 90% of the process is the same including the tips to make your own hex socket tips.
Plastic box ? No :)
Go watch my 4 last vids and look at the forks. You will see the same mud in the same place for several videos and therefore the last month or so.
In fact in the one where I service the front calipers I show a piece of gravel that I removed from inside the caliper.
This is my first caliper clean since the bike was bought, that’s 2 years now.

Anyways, ride safe.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
This is my first caliper clean since the bike was bought, that’s 2 years now.
Wow, amazingly clean then. You would be horrified to see mine after 3 years riding in calcium chloride and mud, but they keep on working just fine.

I should get in there and scrape the chunks out one of these days though. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, amazingly clean then. You would be horrified to see mine after 3 years riding in calcium chloride and mud, but they keep on working just fine.

I should get in there and scrape the chunks out one of these days though. :)
You are very lucky then. No one wants failure of critical parts such as brakes and on a motorcycle. It does not require much effort, just to use hot soapy water, brushes and then the right products to protect once every 1 or 2 years and that again depends on the riding conditions.
Preventative maintainance is key as no one wants to be buying new, expensive components to replace, especially such critical parts for safety.
Show your bike some love every now and then.

Ride safe man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts