StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up today, a black one with 2 miles on it. I'm 57, an engineer, and immediately became interested when I read the term "Swiss Army Knife". I'm into utility. So far, so good. I really like the ergonomics, the weight, and the price. I just sold a BMW R1150RT and I'm definitely not missing the 600+lbs, bulky size and mushy seat. Will post again in a week or so. Enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Welcome to the Cult Dan.. you sound like me... After owning everything and riding nearly everything I have come home to the BEST BIKE in the world...

After nearly 30 years of owning nearly every major brand and averaging 25,000 miles a year riding on a daily basis and every other bike being a Harley I can attest to this fully.

Anyone who is fully engaged in developing his riding skills and pressing the envelope of riding will sooner or later look towards the European or Japanese brands. I did and doubt that I will ever own another 55 Chevy again. The people buying in the last 10 years are not the type of riders who I started with and many of them are not interested in leaving their zip code without a trailer or in Theatre drag.. Conversely, the speed demons of today in full racing regalia look to every outing as a testosterone challange and push it too far the other without fully developed street skills.

For me I will ride anything with Handlebars but prefer to spend my $$ on function and not Marketing hype...

*It's about the ride.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah Japanase Army Knife. I love the versatility of the DL's.

I never understood a bike that you cannot carry anything on.

If you can't park the bike remove your gear, lock it up and go for a walk whats the point.

Scooter

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Semper,,I know exactly what you mean about pushing it too far without developing skills , hence the reason I got a DR-650 first, then a DL-650 as opposed to the -1000, :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts