StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding 46 years, I started VERY young, and owning, literally, 70+ bikes I believe I have found "the" one. At the urging of a friend with a DL650, on which he has logged about 60K miles,I found an 04 V-Strom 1000 with 6000 miles. After a brief ride I knew I was hooked. Growing up in the dirt gave me an instant connect with the seating position and upright feel of the DL1000. Although it is a bit cool right now I am looking forward to endless weekends on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway and, of course, Deals Gap.
If this bike suits me the way I believe I can surely see a 2012 DL650 ABS in my near future as well.
Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge this site affords.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome to the club!

You'll be amazed at the absolute wealth of info available here. Use the Google Custom search button and chances are you'll be able to answer every question you've ever had.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome messages.
I look forward to riding the new bike.
I have already used the forum to research mounting my Christmas present to myself, a Bestem Top Box I picked up while I was traveling through Atlanta. Good info posted.
Paul D

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Howdy.

I'll be dragging my 1000 through your neck of the woods in a few weeks for a stay in Florida. Hope to extend my riding season by a few weeks.

I keep saying I'd like to ride back in the summer and check out some of the roads northeast of you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@zzzzip,
It is, indeed, some of the best riding in the country. I spent Saturday, New Years Eve, afternoon off the Ocoee River area towards Reliance, TN and the Cherohala Skyway. Absolutely great riding. Drop a line when you come through.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds great, I'll see if I can get up there that weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts