StromTrooper banner

New DL 650

2466 Views 14 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  nelson177
Just picked up my 2011 DL-650 yesterday and I have to say it is the BEST bike I've ever owned!!! It's first ride was up into the San Gabriel mountains outside of LA, and today I cruised through the Santa Anna mountain range, did some controlled highway cruising while reluctantly holding the revs below 6k, and then laughed my way through a whole series of tight switchbacks up to Mt. Baldy. This bike is a blast and it's a great bang for the buck! It's quick enough, it's nimble, it stops on a dime, and it carves turns tighter than the average rider would even hope for. I seriously think I'll sell my 2003 Wide Glide as it can't compete with this V-Strom!

I'm 5/11" and 200# and the bike fits me perfectly!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Evolving Curmudgeon
1,122 Posts
I seriously think I'll sell my 2003 Wide Glide as it can't compete with this V-Strom!

I'm 5/11" and 200# and the bike fits me perfectly!
Yep. Kept my beloved Valkyrie around for 2 seasons but it just sat there looking forlorn while I played with the wee every day so down the road she went.

· Registered
32 Posts
Joy

I purchased mine a month ago and still have that same smile every time I come out of the driveway. It seems like one of the only bikes that wasn't caught in the cruiser or super bike war.
It rides like a bike should. :hurray:

· Registered
98 Posts
That is funny about the Valkyrie. I put over 100k on the Valkyrie and have not gotten it out of the garage since I got the Wee. I cranked it the other day just to make sure the battery was still OK.

Love the color combination on your new Wee - same as mine. Very impressed with the Wee. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

· Registered
70 Posts
Congrats! I am also another 2011 new DL650 rider.. I absolutely love this motorcycle. I feel the same way you do every time I get on the machine!! You cannot beat this bike and all it offers for the $ paid!! It's a blast!

· Registered
125 Posts
Bought my new 2011 last month and I enjoy every minute on it. In fact, the more I ride it the better I like it. First bike I've owned that even handles well with my wife on back so she can enjoy it too. Don't know why I waited so long!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.