StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I completed this project a few weeks ago but have had to keep it quite until now. I have been busy building a YouTube channel and supporting FB and Insta and wanted this project video to be the launch of my new look bike and channel.

It would be so much appreciated if you could pop over to my channel " Broke Petrol Head" Broke Petrol Head and let me know what ye think of the new graphics and of course the channel.

If ye could help build my like and sub count that would also be an amazing help.. Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm impressed you were able to get the factory stickers all off without peeling the paint off the bike.
Sorry for slow reply ive been so busy in the background with my new channel i dont get much time to spend on my favorite forums anymore.. think I am going to have to set a side one evening a week for personal online surfing and viewing and one night were i dont move off the couch.

Factory stickers come off pretty easy once you apply a little heat from a heat gun or hair dryer, I then used a little tar and glue remover on a micro fiber cloth to get rid of the residue and was left with no paint damage at all

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
Newish decals come off easy. Decals on my '05 Wee aren't budging well. Their aged. Managed to soften and deform the plastic with my new heat gun. GW suggested denatured alcohol. It works but it's laborious.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Newish decals come off easy. Decals on my '05 Wee aren't budging well. Their aged. Managed to soften and deform the plastic with my new heat gun. GW suggested denatured alcohol. It works but it's laborious.
The ones on my 04 came off easy - mostly. The DL1000 logos on the tail section - one of them took some of the paint with it. The ugly S decals on the tank plastic seems to have some sort of clear coat over it and I can't feel edges, so I didn't try to get it off. The vstrom ones came off pretty easily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder has somebody been at them or replaced with different glue in the past, mine is a 2007 and graphics were day one but came off very easy with just a little heat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts