StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please move/delete if I've posted in the wrong spot.

I'm in the planning stages to wire up my new glee, and read around the site for some good ideas. I think I have pretty much everything I need, but with shipping minimums I'd like some help to make sure I'm getting it all in one order.

What I perceive my needs to be:
1) Dual remote control heat troller for jacket liner and gloves when I don't feel like whining about the cold
2) 2xcig adaptors for various low draw gizmos depending on mood(phone, gps, camera)
3) headlight relay so I can see in the dark for the foreseeable future(and might as well throw in a switch for good measure)

To support this, I figure I need the below:
1) PC8 with Relay Kit
2) H4 Dual Headlight Relay Kit with One Headlight Cut Adapter Built in
3) Heavy Duty Disconnector Option
4) DPST Rocker switch
5) Datel Voltmeter DMS-20PC-1-DCM

And for places to put them:
1) Richland Rick Auxiliary Shelf
2) Richland Rick Over-the-Dash GPS Mount
...and pick up a fork brace while I'm at it, because apparently every strom should have one

So now I ask for your collective wisdom. Are there any glaring omissions? Will I be kicking myself later because I didn't run a line/socket for [x]?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
If you only use a heated jacket liner, gloves and a couple of low draw items like a GPS, you don't need a headlight cutout. I can leave both headlights on with the Heat-Troller at half power with a heated jacket liner, grips, gloves, pant liner and boot soles. You have 125-150W free to play with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured since folks recommend putting in the headlight relay as a prophylactic measure I might as well try to future-proof against any farkling down the road. Would it be a significant risk to put it in anyway if rarely used?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I figured since folks recommend putting in the headlight relay as a prophylactic measure I might as well try to future-proof against any farkling down the road. Would it be a significant risk to put it in anyway if rarely used?
It will cause no harm except to the wallet. You may find you would like more heated gear as I did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts