StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking forward for the snow to (finally) leave and the passes to clear so I could get over to Albany and visit Mr. Ed's Moto to have a new seat made for the Wee. The stars finally aligned and got over this past Tuesday...although it was calling for snow (ending up being a skiff and 27 degrees plus cinders all over the place!) at pass level so I trailered the bike there instead of riding it.

Don Weber (Mr. Ed himself) made a custom seat for my 1150GSA a number of years ago and that thing was ALL DAY comfortable! Did a couple of 600 miles days on that and felt pretty good at the end of those days.

Don's a rider himself and has been making custom seats since the late 60's...he definitely knows his stuff. While he WILL make a new seat on a sent-in pan, he prefers to have the bike and rider at the shop so he can measure accordingly and deal with any fitment issues. Built on the stock seat pan...in by 9 am, out by 2:45 pm.

Don's been slowing down a bit and has been showing the ropes to his new young apprentice, Ryan Denno. Ryan did a GREAT job under Don's watchful eyes and the pics show the end result! I'm 6'2" and can flat-foot sitting on the seat so I told them that raising the seat height a bit with some extra support wasn't any sort of issue. Since I only ride solo, more attention to the "butt" side of things for me than any pillion concerns. I think I counted six or seven different densities of foam that went into this new seat!

So since I trailered it, other than a short ride around the shop there in Albany, no real seat time...but if this one is anything like the last one....sweeeeeeet! :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks very nice. I have an Adcox that appears similar that I like a lot. Never had a stock seat on any bike that worked for me and I always figure I'll get an aftermarket seat when I get a new to me bike.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Shaped for a human being, not for the lines of the bike. But it does look good. Nice! Enjoy the riding season!

Steve.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
How much does this cost?
From the website:

Shipping is Actual Shipping Cost We Are Charged.
Price .......................Vinyl...............Leather
Solo - Fitted Rider......$500...............$750
Dual - Fitted F & R......$800..............$1050

Goldwings and large touring bikes extra.

$250 per rider for HI/LO Temperature Seat Heater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts