StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my chain on a 02 dl1000 (K2) and I do not know what to purchase. I have several to choose from in Phx but I want to avoid the dealers...

Any suggestions? sprocket too by the way...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hey Dale,

I got your back on this one... I'll shoot you a PM re this. Been wanting to catch up w/you anyway!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Chains and things

Here is the easy way: go to http://www.amotostuff.com, enter the "online store," go to "parts for your bike", select your model, and select the product category (in this case, chains and sprockets). They sell DID chains and JT sprockets, specifically for the make and model you want. The prices are good (I can't guarantee they are the lowest possible, but they are discounted) and the service is excellent. They have an excellent chain tool you will need(added after I ordered it by phone!) and just about any goodies you can think of. The DID chain includes the master link - don't order it separately even though it is listed.

You will have to take links off of the new chain (dremel on the rivets and push out with the chain tool - easy) it is 120 and I think you need 116?

They are seriously into dual-sport bikes and all that goes with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts