StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up to anyone interested in something different. I just bought a new vstrom chain guard from Pat Walsh products on sale for $25. It arrived today, and I just installed it. Sorry no pictures, but go to his website, it looks great and is made of strong aluminum. I had a hard time removing the front screw from the stock guard, and had to take off the passenger's footpeg. The footpeg came off pretty easily. Just another farkle on my Vstrom. A Windstrom Manta is coming tomorrow.:hurray:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Me too!

I've had an eye on that chain guard too and just placed the order. The left side of the bike needed something.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new chain guard

That's what I thought, and for the price and quality you cannot go wrong. The word Vstrom is cut out of the chain guard and gives it a cool look. Just took my bike in this afternoon for its' first check up(2011 Black 650 with 1000miles) to make sure all is tight. Absolutely NO trouble for the first 1k miles-gotta love the Vstrom! this afternoon I will be installing the Windstrom Manta, and hope it is as good as the reviews.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
yeah, those Pat Walsh chainguards are actually on 'clearance'....bout half price at $25 bones.

Might pick me up one for a little bike bling!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just a heads up to anyone interested in something different. I just bought a new vstrom chain guard from Pat Walsh products on sale for $25. It arrived today, and I just installed it. Sorry no pictures, but go to his website, it looks great and is made of strong aluminum. I had a hard time removing the front screw from the stock guard, and had to take off the passenger's footpeg. The footpeg came off pretty easily. Just another farkle on my Vstrom. A Windstrom Manta is coming tomorrow.:hurray:
:thumbup: Thank for the info. I just order one. Ritch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where to find chain guard screws?

Anyone know where to pick up new screws for the chain guard? I raised mine to spray on chain wax and forgot to screw it back down and lost the rear screw. There's a pipe cleaner holding my chain guard down now :(

Joshua

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
Anyone know where to pick up new screws for the chain guard? I raised mine to spray on chain wax and forgot to screw it back down and lost the rear screw. There's a pipe cleaner holding my chain guard down now :(

Joshua
Josh..........PM me your shipping addy and I'll mail you some chainguard screws........stainless steel socket heads, not those stupid JIS kind (phillipshead clones).
mark444

·
Registered
267 Posts
FYI the guard is now back up to $50 as Todays date 9/13/12 :thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
There does not appear to be a version for the VEE...

I hate it when that happens....:thumbdown:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got my PWD chainguard installed last week. Used some OEM Torx head bolts from my grab bag of extra motorcycle parts off my 2010 NT700V. Perfect size for the chain guard, black in color, so they match the chainguard well. Looks really good on the Wee!:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts