StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The instructions say not to sit on the bike when it is on the center stand. I thought it looked a little flimsy with only that single low crossbar. That would kill it for me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I noticed that as well, I was going to mention it to a buddy, till I saw they say not to sit on the bike... :thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
dang it

I have this on order - but it will not ship till mid July and
I ordered it in June - I am NOT happy with Happy Trails service in this regard - so now I see that its a lightweight stand (no-sit-on) - I am even less happy :fineprint:

·
Registered
74 Posts
No sit on = no go

I had not read the installation instructions so I missed the part about not being able to sit on it - definitely not for me.

GG

·
Registered
285 Posts
when my bike is on the center stand i am either filling it up with gas, changing tires or doing chain maintenance.

i don't remember the last time i was just sitting on the bike while on the center stand.

btw...my cat likes to sit on the bike while on the cs..if it can support the bike + 8lbs then it's fine for my needs...and fluffy's.

·
Registered
162 Posts
And no gusset on the step bar...there is a lot of torque on that joint.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have one on order as well - suppose to ship on the 15th as well.

Oh well, I will have a "look see" when it gets here - missed the DON'T sit on it as well....

Hmmmmmmm - will let ya'll know how it works.:confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Why does everyone get aftermarket instead of oem? My oem's have always been good quality?
Price, for one. We all know Wee owners are thrifty. :green_lol: As far as the center stands, I got the SW Motech because it was supposedly easier to use, especially with lowered rear ends.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had to call HT today from Africa. I actually was calling them for something else....anyway.....the lady that I have dealt with before was off today and talked to the coolest guy at HT - Ed, I think. Anyway, his wife and he are both Vstrom pilots and we got some some time to just talk about Vstrom stuff. Anyway, he was telling me that his Weestrom was the bike that the centerstand was actually built around. They would have been shipped sooner, but the owner made a couple of changes to the design of the stand and they are going out now to powdercoater (changes to spring to ensure clearances and stuff). Anyway, he was a very knowledgable guy about HT stuff and the V/Wee Strom.

He said the install is easy and should be about a 20 minute install.

I feel good about the stand and will let ya know how it is when I get back from Africa and get them on - they will be waiting on me. So, if you get yours on beforehand, let me know what you think. Personally, after speaking to Ed, I feel pumped about them. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Oh, and I have no affiliation with HT or anything, but I have had NOTHING but good customer service from them. I mean, I speant probably 30 mins on the phone with them - of which 10 of them was the business I called for and the rest was talking to them about his and his wife's Stroms and how stuff fit, looked, his impression of the Strom and stuff.....

I am a happy camper in the stuff I have gotten from them and look forward to the centerstand now - should ship around the end of next week. :hurray:

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Why does everyone get aftermarket instead of oem? My oem's have always been good quality?
I put the OEM stand on my first strom, and the SW-Motech version on my second. The Motech stand (and this one too by the looks of it) has better clearance for left-hand turns. The OEM is prone to dragging when leaned over, which is why it ships with an extra-long feeler for the left footpeg. The OEM stand does have slightly better clearance when the bike is fully upright though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts