StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently picked up a 2003 DL1000 with 6800 mi. It's my second motorcycle, I came from a Kawasaki EX-500D. Adult onset motorcyclist only riding since 2009.
I was really looking for a DL650 but this bike was nice, offered at a good price and has full hard bags so I stretched a bit.
I've already learned quite a bit from this forum and I look forward to learning more.
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

·
Registered
414 Posts
welcome to v-stroms. I have a 2003 yellow with factory bags and love it, very reliable and comfy after a few mods. I am sure you have already researched those. if you have a problem with the buffeting as most 2002-2003 owners do, then madstad now makes a windshield and brackets for early stroms. I highly recommend it. now just ride it.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Neener, neener, neener...

Good to have you on board. I have a 2003 Vee in yellow and have always had a great time riding her. Her name is Freya.

You made a good choice. Don't listen to the 650 riders' disapproval of the Vee. (You'll hear from them soon, it never fails.)

They are mostly crack users who love to eat haggis, poor deluded fools. Their other car is the short bus.

So there...

Now, who's got the bong? I know it couldn't have gone far...:beatnik:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Good to have you on board. I have a 2003 Vee in yellow and have always had a great time riding her. Her name is Freya.

You made a good choice. Don't listen to the 650 riders' disapproval of the Vee. (You'll hear from them soon, it never fails.)

They are mostly crack users who love to eat haggis, poor deluded fools. Their other car is the short bus.

So there...

Now, who's got the bong? I know it couldn't have gone far...:beatnik:
I didn't know Rob Ford drove a 650 ...:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::headbang:

:biggrinjester:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts