StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never bought a brand new vehicle(except bikes) and probably never will. But I love the new Bronco, that was revealed today. The interior doesn’t look very nice to me but the exterior looks great! The Sasquatch edition comes stock with 35” tires on beadlock rims, disconnecting sway bar, front and rear locking differentials. I won’t shell out the money for it but I’m sure it will be a big success for ford. What do you think of it?

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Some of the pictures I've seen look like it's a reworked Nissan. The grill sucks. They should have copied the original better.
7 Speed manual trans, sounds like fun if you like shifting. 10 speed automatic, I like the automatic in my 4 Runner and use the overdrive button and the lever to shift gears all the time. So having 10 speeds to play with might be entertaining. OPTIONAL automatic key less start. Good thinking. Don't wanna be in the boonies when the fob fails.
I've only gotten one new car, a Isuzu Trooper in 1990 when it was Car and Drivers pick of the year. I loved it but the wife got so she couldn't drive a stick so it went away. Enter a 2001 4Runner that we still have.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'm in, been holding off on the Jeeps because of the crappy Fiat engines. This new Bronco looks like it's for me. My suburban is closing in on 300k miles so its time.

Reactions: ToontownTim

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,337 Posts
I'm in, been holding off on the Jeeps because of the crappy Fiat engines. This new Bronco looks like it's for me. My suburban is closing in on 300k miles so its time.
Hmmm....I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimitied Rubicon Recon. Love the new Bronco.

But my Jeep doesn't have a Fiat engine. It may have a Fiat brand name and for sure has a crappy transmission.

But the engine has nothing to do with Fiat. It is a Mercedes engine from back when Daimler owned Chrysler! Which isn't all that much better.........

While I think Ford may lose business without the solid front axle, they will gain some by the Bronco having MUCH improved highway manners. The engines in these will be far superior to the 3.6 in the Jeeps. All about torque and the 3.6 lacks that. That Ford has designed in so many opportunities to modify the Bronco will be a key to success.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing I like better than the Jeep is that you have to get the fully loaded Rubicon to get off road capable goodies in the Jeep. In the Bronco, they are saying that you can get the Sasquatch package put on to any model. So you can get a base model Bronco with the Sasquatch package.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'll keep my Jeep Commander. The vehicle I love to hate (or hate to love).

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Not as Beefy as a Jeep Compass!!! Looks like a winner.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I will own one, I have been waiting years for something like this and I am a Chevy guy. My last new Ford was a 1984 Mustang GT

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Gave me a laugh Dave.

Reactions: DaveinNC

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
SOLD out now for taking deposits. I bought a brand new 2019 Ranger and love the accelration of the 2.3 Turbo with great flat torgue curve. Excited to get the new Bronco next year as an addition to my Ranger with the same engine for my GF.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,337 Posts
I think the "Reserve" model is sold out. Limited to 3500 units. But I think the others would be available.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
2022 they will be all over dealer lots.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That Blazer is a made in India thing that is sold all over the world under various brand names including MG. The first thing everyone notices are the headlights and how can they be safe or legal? I'd choose the Bronco and I am more of a GM guy. I have had a 1989 Mustang GT and a Merkur XR4Ti, though. I must say, they were both excellent cars, especially the XR4Ti.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So would it be wise to skip the first year (hype and possible new model issues) and go for a 2022? If there are any first year issues, is Ford the kind of company that will sort them out and roll them into the 2022?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Except the fools at Toyota didn't event try and make the roof convertible or removable like the original (Even a giant sliding sunroof would have been decent). It would have killed in the market if they had. The visibility was atrocious. I predict the Bronc will do very well once the aftermarket gets time to build the farkles and kits. And I won't order the first year run, but I'm definitely in line so to speak. I miss my old girl immensely! ;-)

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I was just looking at the Bronco pic posted by @PerazziMx14 above and it hit me... It looks just like those Stomper 4x4 toys my brothers and I used to play with when we were kids. Since they would only drive straight after you turned them on, we used to dig tracks and build bridges in the garden (before spring planting). The trick was building the track so it couldn't get out and had to follow the path. Really loved those things.

The last time I had a 4x4 with the pop top and removable doors was a '63 International Scout. (No, I'm not that old... When I owned it, it was considerably older than I.) Might have to check out the new Bronco...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts