StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K 60's goin on tomorrow
Whats your take on them?
Cant wait, been running on michelen trail 4's...nooooo grip in dirt.
What pressure r you running?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I liked the K60 rear more than the front. I found that the front does not like to give you a warning before it looses traction both off and on pavement. Part of that problem off road might be because I didn't air down to protect my cast rims in a heavy boulder environment. My buddy bought that bike('07) and over a long weekend off road we even did some single track. He also complained about the K60 front, but aired down to about 22 F and 30 R and said it was night and day.

The K60's and the Mitas E07 are both heavy side-walled tires. If you are going to air down, those are the tires I would choose.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
I had a K60 rear put on and found it didn't wear any better than the Shinko 705 and felt horrible and slippery as the tread wore.
Seems everyone's' experience and perception is different.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Personally, I love the K60's and have ran them for about three years now. Do air down in the dirt. As far as mileage I get about 4,000 miles more than Shinkos, and yes I didn't like them very well. Too each his own. Haven't ever had any issues with loss of traction with these tires either, but I don't puch them hard, I have sport bikes for pushing hard on!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Personally, I love the K60's and have ran them for about three years now. Do air down in the dirt. As far as mileage I get about 4,000 miles more than Shinkos, and yes I didn't like them very well. Too each his own. Haven't ever had any issues with loss of traction with these tires either, but I don't puch them hard, I have sport bikes for pushing hard on!

Pushing what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replys..
A quick 70k trip after install WOW..nice to have a decent set of tires,it does feel tighter than the old rubber,front tire picks up the bigger rocks n tumbles them in the fender other than that I like them so far..
Dooin sum fsr gravel travel tomorrow..
Cheeres n thanks again for your input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts