StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya guys, new member here!

I just picked up a set of boots with a rather fat toebox, does anyone that's mechanically inclined know if these instructions from Greywolf (in 2010...yikes) are accurate for this year's remodel?

"Take out #36 and pull #27 off #18. Put it back offset one spline clockwise. Loosen lock nuts #37 and #34(left hand thread). Rotate #29 to fine tune the position and tighten the lock nuts."

I tried to link to his actual comment but my account is too new to include the url :crying2:

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hiya guys, new member here!

I just picked up a set of boots with a rather fat toebox, does anyone that's mechanically inclined know if these instructions from Greywolf (in 2010...yikes) are accurate for this year's remodel?

"Take out #36 and pull #27 off #18. Put it back offset one spline clockwise. Loosen lock nuts #37 and #34(left hand thread). Rotate #29 to fine tune the position and tighten the lock nuts."

I tried to link to his actual comment but my account is too new to include the url :crying2:

Thanks!
Here's the link: http://www.stromtrooper.com/713278-post3.html

I don't have a 2017, so I can't answer directly, but it's a pretty simple configuration and easy to access. I add a drop of loctite on #37/34.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
There is likely no need to rotate #27 one spline just to handle a boot change. First, just loosen lock nuts #37 and #34(left hand thread). Rotate #29 to fine tune the position and tighten the lock nuts. If #29 still has good depth of thread, you're done.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
:smile2:Welcome GW and sone others,Not Me!! are really good at wrench tips. ...See I would have said just make you about a six inch longer shift end and hang your boot out to shift. As said before I own way too many hammers to be a good wrench!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guywithchickens for providing everyone else with the link I couldn't!

Cheers GreyWolf, I'll give that a shot this weekend and take it for a spin! Will report back with results for anyone else with the same question I had!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The weekend brought its own challenges that delayed my adjustment but I'm happy to announce it was not only a success, it was easy too! Took the bike to work today and the change to the shift lever was far more accessible. Thank you Greywolf for the instructions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts