StromTrooper banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sidi Canyons have been great but they are getting pretty used looking a little sloppy... and I'm shopping for something new. Found these that look very promising; I have the Gaerne SG-10 for my dirt bike and the quality and comfort is tops! Anybody have any experience with other Gaerne boots? I'm looking at these as my next boot. Oh and waterPROOF is a must for my boots.

Gaerne G-Midland Boots by Atomic Moto

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wear the Gaerne Balance Oiled boots. This is the cheapest price I've found: Gaerne Balance Oiled Boot Brown | Cli-MAXRidingGear.com

They're a trials boot, waterproof, very comfortable.
Oh!!! I want those so bad!!! I think those are so awesome looking... I have been eyeing a pair for some time now, I hate to hi-jack someone else's thread about boots, but hey, since we are talking about boots... once you put some more miles on those puppies, I'd love to know how they are working out for you (or, if they are size 11, when will you sell them to me all broken-in?)

And to the OP, good luck on the boot hunt!

·
Registered
526 Posts
If your foot likes Gaerne, no sense going elsewhere. Wish AM had these 2 months ago. I ordered the Balance but it wasn't enough protection for me. Great boot though.

I was looking for a good crossover from my Strom & DR650. After seeing/feeling the Gaerne quality, I ordered the SG-10 for the DR use and kept my A-Stars for Strom use. From AM's description, the G-Adventure was a good crossover, too, but possibly not enough protection for rocky stuff.

Looks like a great boot. Saved to favorites for when I get the itch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Love my Sidi Adventure GoreTex for touring. Get them at a good price from the UK.

I prefer a touring boot for commuting.

Paul

·
Registered
654 Posts
Sidi Adventure GoreTex
just finished up Trans Labrador and these boots saved my ankle when i had a slow speed drop in 4" deep lose crap. Bike came down and smacked my ankle and trapped me under it. The ankle was not injured, just a little sour for a few days. But could keep going without any issues.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I've got some Gaerne ST boots that I just love ... they are getting a might beat up though, and they are not as water proof/resistant as they used to be. My daughter also has the full race Gaerne sportbike boots which are really quite nice. Gaerne may not have the biggest name in motorcycle boots, but I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gaerne G-Flow boot

Anybody have any experience with other Gaerne boots?
Yes, I have the Gaerne G-Flow. These are a mid-height touring boot. I'm rather late to the game in using proper MC boots as my work entails lots of hiking around steep rocky terrain so I've always used my work boots, which are high quality mountaineering boots. Lately, I've decided I want more ankle and shin protection than the hiking boots provide so I went with the G-Flow as they fit my foot well and weren't that expensive. I've got around 7000 mi. on them now and they seem to be holding up pretty well. My impression of them is that they would be great for commuters. They are not that hot in the summer because of the lower height which allows airflow down to your ankles but they are tall enough in cold/wet conditions to keep the weather out. They're also waterproof, at least so far. I've decided I want a taller boot now and something more oriented to dual sport and will look at those options probably next year. As always, trying to find the balance between fit, comfort, and protection.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got the Gaerne G Adventures from Atomic Moto.

They are a very nice, substantial dual sport boot, but best of all they are actually very comfy. And $100 less than the other Gaernes mentioned. I've only had them since the beginning of this season, so I couldn't say how they will hold up, but based on appearances, they should be fine for a long time.

They fit under any riding pants I have, or jeans, even the tapered FirstGear MeshTex II if you leave the rear zippers open.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry way late in answering your question. No issues with riding pants over the top of the boot. Stay dryer that way too. Might have a tough time if you were only wearing jeans.

·
Registered
25 Posts
boots

Just buy Danner rain forest 12" uninsulated boots ...they are made in Portland Oregon...all american made and built super super tough. They arev goretex and wear like iron..and after you get to were your going you can wear them around and not look like a tool. like sidi or other riding boots..ridefast99:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just buy Danner rain forest 12" uninsulated boots ...they are made in Portland Oregon...all american made and built super super tough. They arev goretex and wear like iron..and after you get to were your going you can wear them around and not look like a tool. like sidi or other riding boots..ridefast99:biggrinjester:
I like Danner also. I have Fort Lewis boots. I have been through several storms this year and I wear them as my work boots too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts