StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I'm in the market for a new bike. I have been researching all the usual suspects. But I keep coming back to the Wee. I had an earlier version, but sold it in a fit of downsizing. I keep looking at all the new latest and greatest whiz bang bikes. But they all seem to have at least one major flaw. The Wee seems pretty much major flaw free.

I liked my first one and it gave no problems. Now, I need to decide 2012 or try to find a great deal on a leftover. If there is any. I really liked the '09 orange ones. I may go look at the new orange '12s.

Anybody have any feedback on how much better the new ones are. I have read the reviews here and most seem to rave about them. It will be my only bike for the foreseeable future so it has to be versatile and dependable. I know the Wee haas those bases covered.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think the main improvements people talk about are:

Faster and smoother acceleration
Brakes are a little stronger
Substantially improved stock windshield with way less buffeting
Better fuel consumption
Fancy new display with lots of features
Better suspension
More responsive steering and better handling

Tbh, from the phenominal amount of reviews and comparisons I read before I bought a 2012 v strom, it would seem suzuki went out their way to improve on most aspects of the v strom.

If it's a bike you intend on keeping for a long time, then it might be worth investing in the newer one.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
My only empirical evidence concerning the new Wee, is that when I saw one in person, I thought the Orange color was pretty awesome - looks way better in person than in any photo I've ever seen.

The new Wee doesn't seem as bulky and husky as the original version - but, it's same chassis and riding compartment fit will feel the same to any veteran Strom pilot. A nice evolutionary step for the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Everybody says it looks better in person. That's a good thing because I'm not in love with the pictures of the new one.

For some reason, I'm leaning toward the old version. Maybe cheapness, may be comfort level in a proven product. Everyone says the Strom is ugly. But compared to the GS, Tenere, AT, and other Adventure bikes I don't see too much difference. Yes some components are lower quality. But the savings over any of the others, offers the Strom owner left over cash for upgrades. And let's be honest no one leaves the others stock anyways.

The Strom reminds me of the guy in the movie, that at the beginning nobody even notices. But over time it's innate qualities, and ability to do what is takes, to get the job done, begin to shine through. And by the end of the movie it's the star and everybody loves it.

But then again, I'm sort of preaching to the choir here.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
It's too bad so many dealers don't offer test rides, cause anyone considering a purchase should have a chance to ride the new vstrom. We had both the 07 Vee and 08 Wee in the garage for a couple years, and the sum of small changes really do add up to alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts