StromTrooper banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I appreciate that but that’s a long ride. The problem also seems inconsistent. Yesterday 3 out of 6 starts we’re bad.

·
Super Moderator
4,591 Posts
Does your premium fuel Contain ethanol? Ours doesn’t.

BTW, 30deg C isn’t hot (it may be to someone in the UK :D ), dunno about Saskatchewan.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Does your premium fuel Contain ethanol? Ours doesn’t.

BTW, 30deg C isn’t hot (it may be to someone in the UK :D ), dunno about Saskatchewan.
No. All premium doesn’t have ethanol. And ya, in Saskatchewan 30deg is too hot. My favourite time to ride is about 12deg. I love those days.

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
I appreciate that but that’s a long ride. The problem also seems inconsistent. Yesterday 3 out of 6 starts we’re bad.
Do you have a throttle lock or throttle rocker?

Almost any time my 2015 DL1000 didn't start right away was when my throttle was slightly open. This was caused by either my throttle lock (Go-Cruise) holding the throttle open a bit or my wrist pushing down on my throttle rocker.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
No. All premium doesn’t have ethanol. And ya, in Saskatchewan 30deg is too hot. My favourite time to ride is about 12deg. I love those days.
I know that Shell gas in Ontario does not have alcohol. As much as I suspect it's true the other brands don't say their premium is alcohol free.

At work a year or two ago I was talking with a fuel engineer. He said that Petro Canada's 94 octane gas has something in it that has worse long term effects than ethanol. He said it would not matter to use it occasionally but highly recommended it not be your everyday gas or left in a stored vehicle over the winter. He also said that any gas (ie regular, mid grade and 91) from their stations that had the 94 would have the additive. If the station didn't have the 94 the gas was basically the same as Shell or Esso.

Now engineers can sometimes overthink things as I have heard of any of my clients (I sell Porsche's) having any issue with it but thought it was interesting.

..Tom

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Do you have a throttle lock or throttle rocker?

Almost any time my 2015 DL1000 didn't start right away was when my throttle was slightly open. This was caused by either my throttle lock (Go-Cruise) holding the throttle open a bit or my wrist pushing down on my throttle rocker.

..Tom
I do have a throttle lock but I rarely use it so it is sitting at least an inch away from my clutch lever. I am going to try shell gas for a while and see. My booster plug is also on the way.

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Make sure you just change one thing at a time. Ie run a few tanks of the different brand of gas and if that doesn't help then add the booster and use that for a bit without making other changes.

..Tom

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know that Shell gas in Ontario does not have alcohol. As much as I suspect it's true the other brands don't say their premium is alcohol free.
Canadian tires premium is ethanol free too, possibly esso but i think the rest aren't or they'd say.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It is a provincial thing. I don't think ANY gas in Nova Scotia has ethanol in it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Pretty sure in Saskatchewan. All premium is ethanol free. I don’t think we can get any regular without ethanol

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well I was wrong. At shell it has a sticker below the bronze and mid grade buttons that says may contain ethanol. It doesn’t have that sticker below the premium. Same situation at coop. Same at Costco. But I checked out Esso and it said may contain ethanol on the pump by the display and nothing by each individual button, leading me to believe there is ethanol in all grades at Esso. Also on another note. It’s still hot out. I still have the same fuel and it started much better today. I swear, the harder I ride it, the better it runs. That works for me. The humidity is much lower today than last week.🤷‍♂️. It is just about empty and will get some shell v power tomorrow.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts