StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
When you Suzuki dealer was investigating the problem, did they test ride it and then hook it up to their diagnostics computer? I've been having surging/hesitation issues with my 2018 DL1000 and after test ride, their computer indicated that there are quite a few misfires. And something "loose" on the throttle body...They still haven't fixed the issue but they think they are on the right track to the solution....Our local dealer can't perform any warranty work without a blessing from some regional expert who apparently never answers his phone, so my bike (and another one with similar issues) are just sitting waiting for the go-ahead to be fixed. Sometimes it sucks to live in a small population area.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Booster Plug solved the issues you are reporting for me, except idle hammer. I don't think anything will ever solve that.

Bike runs perfectly predictable 100% of the time now... 40+ degree heat makes no difference to this beast. Starts are easier, and low rpm drive-ability is greatly improved.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Booster Plug solved the issues you are reporting for me, except idle hammer. I don't think anything will ever solve that.

Bike runs perfectly predictable 100% of the time now... 40+ degree heat makes no difference to this beast. Starts are easier, and low rpm drive-ability is greatly improved.
That is great news. Gives me some hope. Two new bikes in one year and still don’t have one that runs right. Tough to be happy about that. I will try and get a booster plug. With the Pandemic it could be a while. Been waiting for a manual for 2 months. Any lessons learned, tips or anything for install would be appreciated. Did you order from a distributor or directly from the company?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
That is great news. Gives me some hope. Two new bikes in one year and still don’t have one that runs right. Tough to be happy about that. I will try and get a booster plug. With the Pandemic it could be a while. Been waiting for a manual for 2 months. Any lessons learned, tips or anything for install would be appreciated. Did you order from a distributor or directly from the company?
I received my BoosterPlug in about a week. Ordered directly from BoosterPlug site. I expected it to take over a month as I experienced with other recent orders. I haven't installed it yet, because my current problem probably won't be solved by it, but it I thought I might need it down the road...

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Shipping is quick for the BP.

Tip: learn to pull the tank while you’re waiting. Once you’ve done that it’s plug n’ play.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Shipping is quick for the BP.

Tip: learn to pull the tank while you’re waiting. Once you’ve done that it’s plug n’ play.
Thanks! It’s ordered. I’ve already had all the plastic off and the tank tipped up while installing my heated grips. Shouldn’t be too much from that point.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
My first impression of this bike was great. But lately, every time I ride, it gets worse.
Does this not point to something that has occurred lately and has not been present since new? ie. something that is not "normal".

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
The more I think about it. I have got fuel at the same station at the same pump for the last few tanks. I’m going to go burn this tank and fill elsewhere. Just for a try. I still believe this is just poor fuelling
What brand of fuel have you been using? What octane?

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
1- Premium is a lesser used fuel, so it could be older, especially at low volume stations.
2.-98% of my fueling problems went away with the install of a DanMoto slipon.
3- The throttle Tamer sounds like a good way to gain more throttle control at slower speeds. Might just try one.
4- Do those with a booster plug, find a loss in MPG. I'm so thrilled with my 52 average (45 low 61 high) that, it would be a deal breaker with a loss.
5- I ridden in lots of 90-100+ days(Also low teens) with no starting problems. (42K now)
6- Overall satisfaction is good enough, if it stayed as is, I would be happy. The Throttle tamer has my attention though.
Hope you get yours worked out.

Reactions: ToontownTim

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
4- Do those with a booster plug, find a loss in MPG. I'm so thrilled with my 52 average (45 low 61 high) that, it would be a deal breaker with a loss.
I have never had one yet but the booster plug only riches the mixture during open loop. Once the system goes into closed loop the booster plug doesn’t do anything. Because of that most claim their mileage didn’t change much.

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
I have never had one yet but the booster plug only riches the mixture during open loop. Once the system goes into closed loop the booster plug doesn’t do anything. Because of that most claim their mileage didn’t change much.
Thanks. Good to know.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts